• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did we get worse at the TDL

Panthers Fan 69

Ghost didn’t make us worse, Pulju appears to have. Losing Svech made us significantly worse. He’s not just one guy, he’s one of our main guys and his hits mattered and his goals mattered and his assist mattered a lot.

Edited by DavidEng
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

We didnt get worse. We had already been inconsistent this year and we just didnt do jack poo when everyone else got better and then we lost Svech. With the lack of foresight to not take into consideration of injuries all while you are inconsistent anyway, along with the expectations we had, this has got to be the worst blunder of Waddell`s career and maybe in Hurricanes history. We were supposed to win the Cup this year.

Edited by KillerKat
  • Pie 2

If you take a serious look at some of the "records" the Canes own, and dig deep into their real meaning, this team has a couple issues to address.

1. The blue line leads the league in points. Sounds good, but it it really? Hell, if it wasn't for the blue line last night's game was a shutout loss. And how many times has the defense carried the scoring this year when the forwards disappear? 

2. The team has one of the highest shots per game average coupled with one of the lowest goal totals of top 10 teams. Averaging nearly 35 shots on goal per game (4th), but only 239 goals (17th).

• Pie 2

54 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Am I the only one that has lost a lot of interest because of this huge blunder by Waddell? It just tells me he doesnt care, so why should I? Id still watch the playoffs, but not expecting to get past the 1st or 2nd round.

I haven’t lost interest. We have what we have and I’d confidently say if we had svech we be well over 110 points so far. The dude is a difference maker. Especially Vs. Teams like Boston. Gotta work with what we have and hope Rod can right this ship, and come out of his comfort zone a little. Drury on one and Jarvis on 4 *cough*

• Beer 1