• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Better than Trevor Lawrence

bobcat91

Just now, CPF4LIFE said:

Imma say this...if Lawrence doesnt take another leap this year. I dont want to hear NO excuses. Better back up that "generational" status eventually. Get upset all you want, play will tell the truth not opinions. 

I think he's the least talked about #1 qb of all time, pre and post draft. 

• Beer 2

5 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I said i wasnt that high and meant that...and he hasnt exactly tore the league up since being here. At the end of the day its my opinion anyway so go ride his you know what somewhere on your own discretion. 

He won a road playoff game in year 2. That is the epitome of tearing it up.   He is easily a top 7 qb in the league right now.   Wtf are you talking about?

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

He may be. 

In fairness, he was drafted by an organization that may get less attention by the talking heads than any other in the NFL, including us.  If that was not bad enough, then he got drafted by that organization when they had a head coach that made The Process' look like Bill Parcells at the NFL level.

Despite all that, his team got to the playoffs in his second year and led them to a huge second half comeback after stinking the place up in the opening half.  Doesn't sound like lack of commitment or focus to me.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

There was no predraft drama at all around his selection, and post draft was quite a disappointment given the coach etc.  It is very rare a #1 draft pick is overshadowed by his shithead of a HC, but that was the case for Lawrence.

But he had a very strong 2nd year. If we get his production in the second year of our #1, we'll be ecstatic.  

Lawrence taking "another leap" means he's a top 3 QB in the league...  Dude already had 4.4k total yards, 30 total TDs, only 8 INTs. He still has room to grow but a leap implies he didn't play quite well last year.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Imma say this...if Lawrence doesnt take another leap this year. I dont want to hear NO excuses. Better back up that "generational" status eventually. Get upset all you want, play will tell the truth not opinions. 

He is in line to be a top 5 QB for years to come with all the old guys going out. 

He was basically a rookie last season as he spent his actual rookie season under the only other NFL coach that was worse than Rhule. 

First season with a real HC he won a playoff game. 

I think his arrow is pointing up. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

the fug are you talking about?

25 TDs 8 ints 66% 54QBR...won a playoff game which he threw 4TDs & 4 picks in a nail biter they could have went either way.....okay cool. DO AGAIN and improve on those numbers to back up that GENERATIONAL status like i said no regression. You get what the fug im talking about now? Sounds simple enough. 

Edited by CPF4LIFE

2 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

He is in line to be a top 5 QB for years to come with all the old guys going out. 

He was basically a rookie last season as he spent his actual rookie season under the only other NFL coach that was worse than Rhule. 

First season with a real HC he won a playoff game. 

I think his arrow is pointing up. 

We will see.

10 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

25 TDs 8 ints 66% 54QBR...won a playoff game which he threw 4TDs & 4 picks in a nail biter they could have went either way.....okay cool. DO AGAIN and improve on those numbers to back up that GENERATIONAL status like i said no regression. You get what the fug im talking about now? Sounds simple enough. 

A leap implies that he is behind the curve... He's a 2nd year player on a meh team and he was in the top ten in a ton of categories for a QB... you say 25 TDs like it's a bad thing - he was 9th in the league in TDs thrown.  He also had another 5 rushing.  He was 9th in the league in QB rating, too. His 1.4% ints thrown per pass was tied with Justin Herbert (as was his # of TDs)... If his improvements continue, even without some kinda leap, he's one of the best QBs in the league probably.

Seems like you're taking the generational talent moniker to mean he should dominate from the start... I think people put too much stock in that. I didn't expect a #1 draft pick to be the best QB in the league in his first year or two.

18 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

A leap implies that he is behind the curve... He's a 2nd year player on a meh team and he was in the top ten in a ton of categories for a QB... you say 25 TDs like it's a bad thing - he was 9th in the league in TDs thrown.  He also had another 5 rushing.  He was 9th in the league in QB rating, too. His 1.4% ints thrown per pass was tied with Justin Herbert (as was his # of TDs)... If his improvements continue, even without some kinda leap, he's one of the best QBs in the league probably.

Seems like you're taking the generational talent moniker to mean he should dominate from the start... I think people put too much stock in that. I didn't expect a #1 draft pick to be the best QB in the league in his first year or two.

TL is a top 7 qb as it stands today with a strong chance he pushes into the top 5 in his 3rd season.  CPF is just doing his hot take of the message board.  

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

TL is a top 7 qb as it stands today with a strong chance he pushes into the top 5 in his 3rd season.  CPF is just doing his hot take of the message board.  

Lmaoo...is that right? We will do a checkup at the end of next season on the generational QB. Thats where i will leave it. 

6 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Lmaoo...is that right? We will do a checkup at the end of next season on the generational QB. Thats where i will leave it. 

Of course thats where you will leave it.  TL took a major step this year after a clown show of a rookie season.   the kid won a playoff game on the road but yet to you he still needs take some "next step".   Its okay once and awhile to simply admit you are wrong about a player and dying on the Trevor lawrence isnt that good of a prospect hill is fuging wild man.

How many road playoff wins did cam have in his career?  

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 1

I don't think CJ measures up to Awrence - no way CJ could throw fourinterceptions in a half. 🙂

With that nonsense out of the way - I've heard several analysts say they believe Lawrence is the real deal and only getting better.

The draft is such a speculative game.  Watching the last player taken lead a team through the playoffs should confirm that - or picks like Mayfield and Darnold struggling.

I recall people saying Herbert was going to stay near home because he was fragile and also he was a product of a system being the key. He fought through a tough injury and keeps proving experts wrong.  

I hope that after we do our homewor we also get the bit of luck that in guessing correctly and settle the position for the next several yaers.

• Pie 1