• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PETER KING with the latest: there are several within Panthers organization that favor Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

Just now, Ivory Panther said:

I've my money on ppl thinking Bryce Young size talk was so RIDICULOUS kind of like Rashan Slater arm length or Kenny Pickett hand size etc...

Yeah I think his size is a concern, but I can put that to the side and recognize his talent. If you ignore the size he's the best QB in this draft. Bryce Young simply has that "it factor" which can't be ignored.

• Pie 4

9 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

If you pick Young and he breaks in a year or two or can't stay on the field like Kyler has yet to, yeah GM gets fired for screwing up the #1 pick while STROUD is out there balling.

Young will have to play under center more, scramble less, get the ball out faster. That's a lot to improve plus he's undersized.

Too much risk for #1. Guys loving him up but when he breaks...

The reverse is also true.  If you pick Stroud and Young tears it up while Stroud has trouble transitioning, the GM may end up unemployed.

Both are pretty accurate, had decent weapons, sat behind excellent lines and faced tough competition.  Both have shown magic. 

Stroud is 5 inches taller, heavier, and appears to have  a slightly bigger arm.

Young just appears smarter, sneakier, and quicker than Stroud.    Its hard to measure those things, and who knows how either is going to progress in those areas.  We know Young is not going to get taller.   If Young was Stroud's height, I don't think there would be as many Stroud supporters. 

Right now, I'm leaning toward Young.  I'd like to watch Young's worst game, does anybody know what Young's worst game was?

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Bryce Young has plenty of arm strength. I don't know where that narrative comes from. Stroud's is a little stronger, but let's not act like Young has a noodle arm.

Also, the narrative that Stroud's accuracy is somehow head and shoulders above Young is misleading as well. He's more accurate, yes, but it's not like Young isn't close. And on the run he's probably more accurate.

I certainly wouldn't have a problem with us drafting C.J. Stroud, but I think a lot of people here are majorly discounting what a special talent Bryce Young is due to his size.

Agreed. Stroud is slightly more accurate than Young on script - clean pocket and throwing window. However, when its throwing on the run or facing direct pressure Bryce is more accurate - which IMO is more important. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, poundaway said:

The reverse is also true.  If you pick Stroud and Young tears it up while Stroud has trouble transitioning, the GM may end up unemployed.

Both are pretty accurate, had decent weapons, sat behind excellent lines and faced tough competition.  Both have shown magic. 

Young just appears smarter, sneakier, and quicker than Stroud.    Its hard to measure those things, and who knows how either is going to progress in those areas.  We know Young is not going to get taller.   If Young was Stroud's height, I don't think there would be as many Stroud supporters. 

Right now, I'm leaning toward Young.  I'd like to watch Young's worst game, does anybody know what Young's worst game was?

For 2022 - I would watch his game against LSU or Texas 

2021 against Auburn and then Georgia in the National Championship. With the Georgia game I would also watch his best game of his career against Georiga in SEC championship game 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, poundaway said:

LSU game was probably not one of his best.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah I think his size is a concern, but I can put that to the side and recognize his talent. If you ignore the size he's the best QB in this draft. Bryce Young simply has that "it factor" which can't be ignored.

It certainly is a concern!

But I think some ppl are overreacting to it, some even going as far as predicting injuries 100% because of it. These are the ppl I really don't understand.

I respect the opinion of ppl who think CJ is flat out better regardless of size, so he should be the pick. I disagree with it, but at least they want to take the better QB in their opinion regardless of size.

But I don't understand the ppl who say Bryce is better but let's take CJ because he is 4 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier right now...

To me, we need to go with the best QB regardless of size, because nobody can predict injuries.   

12 minutes ago, poundaway said:

This year, he struggled vs Texas (won) & LSU (lost). 

last year, he struggled vs Auburn (won). 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

If you pick Young and he breaks in a year or two or can't stay on the field like Kyler has yet to, yeah GM gets fired for screwing up the #1 pick while STROUD is out there balling.

Young will have to play under center more, scramble less, get the ball out faster. That's a lot to improve plus he's undersized.

Too much risk for #1. Guys loving him up but when he breaks...

And that is really a thing for me.  You see if we draft Stroud and he has an underwhelming career, while Young has a great career, I can live with that.  Yet if the opposite happens, and Young struggles more do due to his size, for me that would be unforgiveable.

I know a lot of people say they are good with either, but honestly speaking for me, Stroud has to be the pick.  If Stroud wasn't in this draft, I would be cool with drafting Young.  Richardson is a project, and of course Will Levis is a poor man's Jeff George.  So yeah I would be cool with Young in that instance.  However, Stroud has everything going for him.  In most drafts where there isn't a Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck, Stroud is the sure fire number one overall pick.  An instant day one starter.  At the end of the day, Young's size make him a project QB in my mind.

Edited by Matthias
  • Beer 4
  • Flames 1

So he basically also confirms NOW Stroud is the favorite but people in building like bryce just as they like Richardson. McCown loving bryce is a curve ball cuz why is that coming out now? Still not reading too much into this if private visits havent happen yet.  

20 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Great opening drive, then int in the ez.   Then a lot of poor play by Young, the line and the WRs.   LSU rushing 6 a lot.  Then this https://youtu.be/LNDX3R6fYWQ?t=529 magic.  Successful 2 min drill to take it OT. 

I can live with that.

I just don't see that play working in the NFL. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

57 minutes ago, Matthias said:

And that is really a thing for me.  You see if we draft Stroud and he has an underwhelming career, while Young has a great career, I can live with that.  Yet if the opposite happens, and Young struggles more do due to his size, for me that would be unforgiveable.

I know a lot of people say they are good with either, but honestly speaking for me, Stroud has to be the pick.  If Stroud wasn't in this draft, I would be cool with drafting Young.  Richardson is a project, and of course Will Levis is a poor man's Jeff George.  So yeah I would be cool with Young in that instance.  However, Stroud has everything going for him.  In most drafts where there isn't a Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck, Stroud is the sure fire number one overall pick.  An instant day one starter.  At the end of the day, Young's size make him a project QB in my mind.

Yes.....As i already said, if you draft Bryce and he starts breaking down its automatic fireable offense. Because the signs and caution was there from the start  and you ignored. Plain and simple. Everybody has to go, the team is not a equipped to recover from this like other teams if that happens.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1