• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pauline believes it's Stroud, but Reich wants AR

top dawg

Stroud plays at about 214. Young plays at about 185. 30 pound difference, which will matter tremendously when they are hit. I would like to see CJ add some bulk, though. Obviously, neither can change their height. 

Edited by Wolfcop
  • Poo 1

Just now, Ivory Panther said:

I’m not. Just factually correcting his claim…

If you're trying to claim that we need to be worried about CJ getting injured because he's a similar size to Tua, then Young shouldn't even be in the question. Young is considerably smaller, and has a smaller frame than both Stroud and Tua. I get it you like Young but come on man if you can't be throwing the "what if he gets injured" stone from within the Bryce Young glass house.

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Let's make it easy.  Show me where any analyst/scout/coach is concerned with Stroud's size.  Our own HC stated there was a concern with Young's.  Why do you think that is?  

Not saying there are no concerns or shouldn’t be. I’m saying there should also be concerns abt CJ when ppl use Tua as an example of “small QBs” getting hurt because CJ is smaller than Tua.

I’m just pointing out the double standard.

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You can't critique his boy Young he can't handle it.  

I mean, I like Young as a player. But to act like his size is of no concern is crazy. If he was Stroud's size, yeah give me Young all day everyday. But he's not. That's what makes the decision an actual decision.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

Not saying there are no concerns or shouldn’t be. I’m saying there should also be concerns abt CJ when ppl use Tua as an example of “small QBs” getting hurt because CJ is smaller than Tua.

There no double standard. There's more concern about Young because he's a lot smaller than Stroud. This really isn't that difficult.

This is like claiming there's a double standard by claiming a WR who ran a 4.6 40 has deep speed concerns in the NFL but no one is saying that about the 4.4 WR. Well, yeah.

1 minute ago, travisura said:

If you're trying to claim that we need to be worried about CJ getting injured because he's a similar size to Tua, then Young shouldn't even be in the question. Young is considerably smaller, and has a smaller frame than both Stroud and Tua. I get it you like Young but come on man if you can't be throwing the "what if he gets injured" stone from within the Bryce Young glass house.

Bro relax!

not saying bryce size is not. Simply saying CJ is smaller than Tua who is the poster child for QB injuries right now, so if size for QB is a concern, there should be concerns for CJ as well. Lesser concerned than bryce but still a concern which I have yet to see. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's about projection. Stroud at 6'3" with a considerably larger frame could easily carry 225 pounds.  Young is 5'10" and slight framed. I honestly can't ever seen him playing much if at all over 200 pounds.

CMC guzzled water to weigh in slightly over 200 pounds at his combine. Remember watching him being ragdolled as a rookie before he put on weight? It was scary.

If we pick Bryce Young I'll be holding my breath on every hit. Dude is smaller than me. He couldn't hold 204 lbs from the combine to his pro day. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

6'3" 220 with ability to add weight is nothing crazy for an NFL QB.  5'10" 190 is historically low.  If Tua who was considered undersized got tossed (literally) around and injured it is definitely concerning for a shorter, smaller QB.  It's very simple...  

5 minutes ago, DrowsyJungle said:

If we pick Bryce Young I'll be holding my breath on every hit. Dude is smaller than me. He couldn't hold 204 lbs from the combine to his pro day. 

It's what concerns me. Bryce Young is basically the same size I was at that age. I just can't wrap my head around it when I see QBs getting smoked by 280+ pound dudes who can run like a deer.