• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pauline believes it's Stroud, but Reich wants AR

top dawg

18 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

If 4.3 is what’s needed to be considered a deep threat & 1 WR runs 4.4 while the other runs 4.6, yes, 4.4 WR is less of a concern, but he is still a concern. 

the point I’m making.

No one here is acting like CJ Stroud is immune from any and all injury. We're just saying that it's a lot bigger concern for Young both because of his current size and likely future size projections.

This attempted rationale to act like 6'3" 215ish and 5'10" ??? (probably 190ish at best) is the same thing is just baffling.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah he was also playing hurt that day and had to rehab his shoulder afterwards.  Now imagine this happening more often with bigger faster players.  If someone survives a car crash it doesn't mean that will survive the next one right?

Also, his momentum was already going down from the slide so that lessoned the impact. Getting hit on the blindside by a guy that weighs 100 pounds more while getting driven to the ground from an upright position is going to feel a bit different for sure.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah he was also playing hurt that day and had to rehab his shoulder afterwards.  Now imagine this happening more often with bigger faster players.  If someone survives a car crash it doesn't mean that will survive the next one right?

All QBs take hits. That goes for all QBs. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Jaxel said:

This whole "we moved up right after the combine so it must be Stroud or Richardson" makes me laugh. When, otherwise, we're we supposed to move up? It was reported a billion times that the ideal time to move up was before free agency started to have flexibility, it has nothing to do with who dominated the combine.

It's not just that.  When you combine that with the fact that our QB coach literally compared the guy to Joe Burrow weeks before he was hired, that can't be ignored.

You don't think Reich discussed the draft class with McCown before he was hired?

Edited by TheMaulClaw

3 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

CJ is not bigger than Tua weight wise & that’s a proven fact!

yes, many ppl r concerned abt Bryce size & that’s just a fact.

yes I believe ppl should be somewhat concerned abt CJ size if Tua size is a concern as the reason for his injuries.

That’s where I stand & these are clear simple concepts to me. You are welcome to disagree as I’m not trying to convince u of anything. 

We're talking about a difference of a couple of pounds. Essentially the difference is nonexistent in terms of weight, but keep telling yourself what you need to to get by. Like others have said, if you're concerned about CJ's injury likelihood because of his size then Young shouldn't be on your draft board at all. This is why it's so easy to discern where your argument is really coming from. 

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

No one here is acting like CJ Stroud is immune from any and all injury. We're just saying that it's a lot bigger concern for Young both because of his current size and likely future size projections.

This attempted rationale to act like 6'3" 215ish and 5'10" ??? (probably 190ish at best) is the same thing is just baffling.

Never said it is the same thing. That doesn’t make any sense!

Yes bryce should have more concerns than anyone in this draft class or even ever. That’s legit! 

however, if u use Tua as a barometer of size linked to injury & CJ is the same size or smaller, logically CJ should have concerns as well, albeit less than Bryce. 

that’s a pretty easy concept to me.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheMaulClaw said:

It's not just that.  When you combine that with the face that our QB coach literally compared the guy to Joe Burrow weeks before he was hired, that can't be ignored.

You don't think Reich discussed the draft class with McCown before he was hired?

The problem is that the exact same logic that you're using to claim we moved up for CJ, is also being used to claim we moved up for AR.

2 minutes ago, travisura said:

We're talking about a difference of a couple of pounds. Essentially the difference is nonexistent in terms of weight, but keep telling yourself what you need to to get by. Like others have said, if you're concerned about CJ's injury likelihood because of his size then Young shouldn't be on your draft board at all. This is why it's so easy to discern where your argument is really coming from. 

Tua was injected into this argument as a means to make an argument against Young. Just because he turned it, don't get mad.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

Never said it is the same thing. That doesn’t make any sense!

Yes bryce should have more concerns than anyone in this draft class or even ever. That’s legit! 

however, if u use Tua as a barometer of size linked to injury & CJ is the same size or smaller, logically CJ should have concerns as well, albeit less than Bryce. 

that’s a pretty easy concept to me.  

I'll say again. We aren't choosing between Young and Tua. We're choosing between Young and Stroud. Tua is just a recent NFL comp for how an undersized QB has been repeatedly ragdolled and injured. Young is a lot smaller than Stroud and has less frame to build on thus were a lot more concerned about Young in this regard than Stroud.

It's really that simple. You're acting like people are treating Stroud like he's Wolverine or something and that's just not the case.

You've said yourself that Young is smaller and thus there is more injury concern there so what are you really even arguing about? You're all in on Young. Cool. But don't get triggered by folks talking about concerns about his size. The concerns are very real

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

All QBs take hits. That goes for all QBs. 

Yeah agreed, but the smaller size one taking hits is more concerning.  Does it mean he shouldn't go 1?  No.  It's is his biggest concern.  I don't hear scouts/analysts showing concern about the other QBs being durable in the NFL.  

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Tua was injected into this argument as a means to make an argument against Young. Just because he turned it, don't get mad.

Yes a QB who is larger than Young, but still considered undersized was brought in to show concerns as stated by McShay.  He even mentioned if Young was 6'2" 220 he wouldn't be nearly as concerned.  It's one of the reasons Stroud could be considered "safer" by some teams.  

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/sports/nfl/2023/04/05/todd-mcshay-tua-tagovailoas-injuries-affect-how-i-see-bryce-young/70085705007/

McShay: Tua Tagovailoa ‘getting rag-dolled' raises concerns about Bryce Young's durability

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Yes a QB who is larger than Young, but still considered undersized was brought in to show concerns as stated by McShay.  He even mentioned if Young was 6'2" 220 he wouldn't be nearly as concerned.  It's one of the reasons Stroud could be considered "safer" by some teams.  

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/sports/nfl/2023/04/05/todd-mcshay-tua-tagovailoas-injuries-affect-how-i-see-bryce-young/70085705007/

McShay: Tua Tagovailoa ‘getting rag-dolled' raises concerns about Bryce Young's durability

To each his own. 

Tua came into the league with real injury concerns. Young will come into the league with imagined injury concerns. 

• Flames 1