• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young under Center

Calboyz13

Brady and Rodgers had meh level arms and college and saw a lot of improvement refining their mechanics and with strength gains in the pros. 

Burrow saw a similar uptick refining his motion that helped his velocity. His arm in the pros is significantly better than it was in college.

Its highly unlikely Bryce’s arm is maxed and when you get these mid range arm guys you definitely can see some pretty noticeable improvements from it as it opens more up for them. He’ll never have a top tier arm but thinking this as as strong as his arm will ever be hasn’t paid attention to previous history and QB arms. Definitely helps his ceiling case as well.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

All three of those guys had good NFL arms. Not elite, but good. Better than Young's.

Peyton during his tenure with the Broncos had a below-average NFL arm after having surgery in 2011 to correct a herniated disc near his neck. He still went on to break the NFL passing TD record with the Broncos.

That isn't to say that Bryce is Peyton but arm strength is not the end all be all of what makes a great QB. 

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, there's nothing about his mentality that I question. All of my questions come down to his physical traits. He's well below ideal size and his arm is honestly NFL average.

If you have pinpoint accuracy, great anticipation and high level intelligence you can be a great QB in the NFL not having a howitzer for an arm. Guys like Brees and Brady and even Rodgers to some extent have become the greatest QBs of all time by possessing these traits, not God tier cannons

2 hours ago, Varking said:

I think there’s a difference between being very talented and playing on a talented team vs having that dawg in you. I don’t believe any of the top 4 QBs in this class have that dawg in them. 

So who, in your opinion is a college QB who does have that dawg in him? Let me guess…Stetson Bennett? Drake Maye?

2 hours ago, Varking said:

About Young not being a killer in the weight room? Look at him. World class facilities at Alabama and he had to fake water weight for the combine and wouldn’t reweigh at his pro day to show he could maintain that weight. 

Lol who gives a poo how much he works out? If that was the top criteria Levis would be QB1. The Golden Calf of Bristol would have had an actual NFL career.  Some people, especially young people, have extremely high metabolisms and it’s very hard to pack on and keep on pounds. 

2 hours ago, joemac said:

You must not have watched one single Alabama game over the past 2 years to say Bryce Young does not have that dawg in him. Dude is cold blooded and will stomp on your neck in an actual game.

He will need a ladder first tho

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, Calboyz13 said:

Looking at anther thread in the Huddle it stated that CJ Stroud under center count was 121 which ranked 15th most in the nation Young had 4 in 2022. This could be a huge Red flag and it’s not talked about much either also looking at a-lot of young tape I seen him under center on a 3rd and 1 Vs Texas A&M and he didn’t look comfortable at all his hand off to Brian Robison Jr was high and it caused a fumble on a crucial down so if Bryce is drafted are we limited to just Shotgun and pistol or will they coach him to be under center tried to include a video but for reference it’s at 2:28 Alabama Vs A&M 2021 

RPReplay_Final1680967765.mov 5.39 MB · 0 downloads

Shouldn't matter too much as he wouldn't be under center much at all. The Colts were very heavy shotgun team.

2 hours ago, stan786 said:

Brady and Rodgers had meh level arms and college and saw a lot of improvement refining their mechanics and with strength gains in the pros. 

Burrow saw a similar uptick refining his motion that helped his velocity. His arm in the pros is significantly better than it was in college.

It’s highly unlikely Bryce’s arm is maxed and when you get these mid range arm guys you definitely can see some pretty noticeable improvements from it as it opens more up for them. He’ll never have a top tier arm but thinking this as as strong as his arm will ever be hasn’t paid attention to previous history and QB arms. Definitely helps his ceiling case as well.

Rodgers had a meh level arm? That’s very surprising to hear. 

Odd, JT O'Sullivan said that having seen Young and Stroud throw in person on same day he preferred Young's arm. I think this is a bit of an outlier opinion but I put more credence in to it meaning he doesn't have a noodle arm than anybody here.

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Rodgers had a meh level arm? That’s very surprising to hear. 

To be honest I’m probably underselling it as I’m doing research, I think packers fans always just comped him to Favre and that’s why they hated on his arm his first few years. He did rework his release and added velocity after college and credits that to a lot of his success, but Tedford was known to coach robot QBs.

Looking at scouting reports one says has a very strong arm and the other says has an average arm that can hit all the throws but doesn’t wow you. So there’s a pretty big gulf there lmao. I’d guess his arm was closer to a Stroud than a Young based on that.

So id say you could easily debate what I said.