• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Film Breakdown Megathread

Ricky Spanish

If this was ballet or futbol nobody would be talking about his size like EVERYONE is, but it's football.

Math camp and refs can't keep him safe forever 

It's coming. Tua couldn't avoid it, these guys are so big so strong even when they hold back, smaller lighter players still get hurt.

Again, these aren't college players. I think Quick said she watched him get hit and get up time and time again.

Yeah but put a couple more pounds and inches and sprinkle in more speed THATS the pros.

There is absolutely no precedent for a player at playing at his size. Yet hopium and rainbows everywhere.

The same folk were all into Zach Wilson, he was the darling like your boy Young, the darling but there were reasons for him not succeeding in the transition to the NFL. The hype train and well paid sports agencies covered that up in favor of the hype and the Jets are looking for a QB again.

Buyer beware.

Edited by rippadonn

15 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

If this was ballet or futbol nobody would be talking about his size like EVERYONE is, but it's football.

It's coming. Tua couldn't avoid it, these guys are so big so strong even when they hold back, smaller lighter players still get hurt.

Again, these aren't college players. I think Quick said she watched him get hit and get up time and time again.

Yeah but put a couple more pounds and inches and sprinkle in more speed THATS the pros.

There is absolutely no precedent for a player at playing at his size. Yet hopium and rainbows everywhere.

The same folk were all into Zach Wilson, he was the darling like your boy Young, the darling but there were reasons for him not succeeding in the transition to the NFL. The hype train and well paid sports agencies covered that up in favor of the hype and the Jets are looking for a QB again.

Buyer beware.

Zach Wilson is over 6'2" and 215 which is closer to Stroud.  His issues are all mental.  He played bad competition and was a one year wonder.  Nothing at all like Young.  You liked Corral's size and he couldn't even stay healthy through preseason...  Blinded by your hate for Young.  

10 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Buyer beware.

Two things:

1. I feel like Tua comparisons are lazy because they don't play the same way and Tua had a lengthy injury history before coming into the league. Hell, he was injured pretty much throughout his entire pre-draft process I believe with a hip injury. Bryce has only had one injury that only cost him a game and a half. If the guy had a rap sheet of injuries I'd fully understand the sentiment but it's simply not true. Sure, he could get hurt more at the NFL level but so could 6'4 AR and 6'3 CJ. It's all about your play style, the line in front of you, and the make up of the offense to protect the QB. Luke was just on WFNZ last week talking about how hard it was to hit a smaller QB like Drew Brees. 

2. You can't even really compare Bryce hype to Zach Wilson hype because Bryce has been an extremely productive QB in college for multiple years in the best/most competitive conference in CFB and he didn't just pop up out of the blue in the same was Zach did. If anybody is the Zach Wilson/Josh Allen 'outta nowhere' prospect this year it's definitely AR as far as media hype is concerned. 

Like I get being cautious of the dude because he is an outlier but me personally, he's gotta show me on the field that he's an injury risk before I slap that label on him because to this point, I have no reason to believe that. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

It's obvious when folks say they have "genuine" concerns about Young's size that they haven't watched anything outside of highlight reels and cherry-picked plays. Especially those that seem to only defend Stroud and/or AR.

Bryce got the poo beat out of him during multiple games this season. Byron Thomas, a 3rd round graded edge rusher out of Tennessee for example, absolutely blasted him. There is PLENTY of examples of him getting his ass beat behind Bama's under performing OL this season to show that the kid can take a hit. Some folks are acting like a 350lbs NT is going to get a 40yd running start to Stinger Splash our soon-to-be-QB thru the frozen turf at BOA.

Edited by Icege

3 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Zach Wilson is over 6'2" and 215 which is closer to Stroud.  His issues are all mental.  He played bad competition and was a one year wonder.  Nothing at all like Young.  You liked Corral's size and he couldn't even stay healthy through preseason...  Blinded by your hate for Young.  

I don't hate Young, I'm just not impressed like you hype trainers.

Kyler Murray has 1000+ yards rushing coming out of college.

Bryce has 162

He's half the player Kyler is.

C'mon. The more stats and comps the more Bryce comes up short again.

Take away the tape. Look at stats and comparables of different players.

He wasn't better than Kyler OR Tua coming out so what should we expect?...

Someone NOT better than Kyler and Tua in the NFL.

That's realistic. Not a rainbow take.

Edited by rippadonn

7 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I don't hate Young, I'm just not impressed like you hype trainers.

Kyler Murray has 1000+ yards rushing coming out of college.

Bryce has 162

He's half the player Kyler is.

C'mon. The more stats and comps the more Bryce comes up short again.

Leaving off crucial data to spread your fake narrative. Young has twice the passing yards and 30 plus more passing yards. All of this because it’s not the player you want? If he gets injured your boy Corral should be closer to playing.