• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson Film Breakdown Megathread

Ricky Spanish

12 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Hopefully if we did draft AR the completion percentage can be fix by our coaching staff and make him a dangerous QB and if that happens we just may be relevant again.

If they take him they will believe it is fixable.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

I could see AR being the best of the bunch in a few years. 

That's part of the equation when looking at these guys. If each were viewed as reaching 90% of your expectations how long do you see that career lasting? Do you see that guy on your team for 10 to 15 years? There's a lot to digest after the data is gone over and over again.  I bet the lights have been on 24/7 at BOA.

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

I could see AR being the best of the bunch in a few years. 

Agreed. Taking a QB will never just be about taking a guy that can play tomorrow, you also take the guy that projects to ascend for the next 10 years and you believe can be coached up. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Matt Waldman has a good scouting breakdown on Richardson:

https://www.footballguys.com/article/2023-anthony-richardson-rsp-sample-scouting-report

Says his accuracy issues aren't as bad as people think. in fact he throws more downfield than anyone, and throws a consistent catchable ball. 

I am legitimately warming up to Richardson at 1.

Welcome to the family. I do have a question: I had read the Texans canceled their draft visit for AR, does anyone know if that’s true and why they did? 

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

That's part of the equation when looking at these guys. If each were viewed as reaching 90% of your expectations how long do you see that career lasting? Do you see that guy on your team for 10 to 15 years? There's a lot to digest after the data is gone over and over again.  I bet the lights have been on 24/7 at BOA.

And the thing is hes so young. I think hes 20 right now? he wont turn 21 until after the draft.... He's still very much growing... All of these guys have ups and down and are a gamble. I'm a betting man I go with AR15... in the second tound try to land washington or Gibbs and call it a night look towards what could be a bright future.

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

And the thing is hes so young. I think hes 20 right now? he wont turn 21 until after the draft.... He's still very much growing... All of these guys have ups and down and are a gamble. I'm a betting man I go with AR15... in the second tound try to land washington or Gibbs and call it a night look towards what could be a bright future.

Gibbs is a funny one - he was unbelievable for GT and great for Alabama... except good lord he has no idea about blocking assignments. 

4 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

To me it looks like they may have made a deal. What you pointed out is the only explanation for those actions.

Understood. I don’t know if the Texans canceling is true, I haven’t seen it reported by anyone else. It’s just odd how there is no talks about it, it’s all young, so it makes me think it will be Young. 

prayer GIF

Don't let them pick the smallest QB to enter the league, they know not the foolishness and folly that will bring....and the inevitable hindsight wisdom "everyone said he was too small, why did you do that?!'

Well because the Zach Wilsonstans and the Kyler club said he was the best smallest there ever was.

• Flames 1

8 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Agreed. Taking a QB will never just be about taking a guy that can play tomorrow, you also take the guy that projects to ascend for the next 10 years and you believe can be coached up. 

Wait, so a guy who is better right now, will end up being worse than a guy not as good right now 10 years later with the same coaches (to coach them up) around them?

One of the stupidest takes I've ever seen on this board.