• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson Film Breakdown Megathread

Ricky Spanish

On 4/12/2023 at 10:12 AM, OldhamA said:

Newton was a run-first QB in college. That carried over to the NFL.

Richardson looks to pass first.

Cam was also a player who could carry a team which also carried over to the NFL.. 

Richardson hasn’t shown that at any level of football..

Edited by WOW!!

Draft season 

Kill Me Smh GIF

every year

ppl let underware workouts, media hype, and potential undervalue actual performance…

Thats why some teams talk themselves into taking Trevon Walker over Adian Hutchinson..

Edited by WOW!!
  • Pie 1

I don’t believe in Young for the NFL, he literally does not measure up.

I love the Stroud passing skills, and think he is prototypical enough with his measurables. I do see valu in that new test and if he is significantly behind the curve there, I am wary. 

Being as I have one “no way in hell do I take a 5’10” 185 with suspect arm strength. Umber one, let alone trade all that to do it.

Odds are now so long against the top two, for me, they are now looking like almost as big a gamble as AR, who has a much higher ceiling if you do hit on him. 
So at this point in the exercise, I am going with the potential over what they are today.  Only way to dig out of the hole they dug with the trade up, is to hit a home run. I was against this but if Stroud has legit concerns, Richardson’s potential looks like the better gamble to me, over having to live with a guy I am convinced will not thrive as a pro. 

Edited by stratocatter
  • Pie 4

4 hours ago, JVic said:

Wait, so a guy who is better right now, will end up being worse than a guy not as good right now 10 years later with the same coaches (to coach them up) around them?

One of the stupidest takes I've ever seen on this board. 

Or....you are just not smart enough to understand what i said.  Its okay, you will learn football one day hopefully. 

3 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Cam was also a player who could carry a team which also carried over to the NFL.. 

Richardson hasn’t shown that at any level of football..

I wouldn't say he's never carried a team, but I'd imagine he could win a Junior College National Championship at his current age - which is what Newton was doing at this point in his career.

Newton was a special player, but he never developed.

15 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

If they take him they will believe it is fixable.  

Remember what happened the last time a coach took a player they thought they could fix?

Didn’t work out for either of them and one of them apologized to the owner after the season because it didn’t work out. 

I think people need to realize that the Josh Allen situation, raw QB with a high ceiling but low floor, is the exception not the rule. 

On 4/12/2023 at 6:17 PM, OldhamA said:

Richardson has better arm mechanics than Newton ever did. 

Newton was obviously a better player in College (partly because he was a run-first QB). Who knows who the better NFL QB will be. 

And Cam had better feet, field vision, and pretty much everything else. Cam was not a run first QB in college or the NFL. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. 

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, OldhamA said:

I wouldn't say he's never carried a team, but I'd imagine he could win a Junior College National Championship at his current age - which is what Newton was doing at this point in his career.

Newton was a special player, but he never developed.

So what team did he carry or made the players around him on then.. Because again Cam has done that at every level..

48 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

1990 is on the other line, they said circus elephants couldn't carry the Florida Gators.

Okay!!

Cam carried a team with 1 drafted player to a national championship.. So if Florida gets more then 2 drafted this year.. They could’ve been carried by a better player…

27 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Okay!!

Cam carried a team with 1 drafted player to a national championship.. So if Florida gets more then 2 drafted this year.. They could’ve been carried by a better player…

What about coaching the last two years and a program that hasn't had any juice since....when exactly, Spurrier? That's why I put Will Levis, Anthony Richardson and even Matt Corral in the category of player who with NFL talent instead of middle of the road college casts around them, could be equal or better than the more hyped guys from big time programs like Ohio State and Alabama.