• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer on Panthers #1 pick (no trade back)

TheSpecialJuan

10 hours ago, poundaway said:

But surely the smallest qb's up until now got hurt at a higher rate cause they're too small.  Right?  And yet you can't name one.

Is it possible, just possible, that there's little correlation between size and injury, or even the slightest chance that injury INCREASES with weight as the analysis shows.... because when you fall, all that extra weight creates stress on the  joints, particularly shoulders when they try to brace the fall?

I understand the conventional wisdom.  But theres no anecdotes, data or analysis to support it. Young, just like Wilson, Brees and Murray will probably shatter it, yet again.

theres been like 2 in modern era under 6ft.  Murray being the most recent and he hasnt completed a full season yet.

Now ask yourself why have there only been 2 qbs under 6ft to play qb in the modern era if size doesnt matter?

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

theres been like 2 in modern era under 6ft.  Murray being the most recent and he hasnt completed a full season yet.

Now ask yourself why have there only been 2 qbs under 6ft to play qb in the modern era if size doesnt matter?

Easy.  Bias.  Its rampant on here. The size queens are like Rhule and his longer arm shlt.

Now you ask yourself, why haven't the smallest QBs, whatever size they were, getting hurt more?  Name some examples of the 6 ft QB who got hurt because he was 6 foot. 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Easy.  Bias.  Its rampant on here. The size queens are like Rhule and his longer arm shlt.

Now you ask yourself, why haven't the smallest QBs, whatever size they were, getting hurt more?  Name some examples of the 6 ft QB who got hurt because he was 6 foot. 

Agree.  The point everyone loves to ignore when complaining about height is that at every level of football, coaches are like we thought Frank was when he stepped into the building. Wanting the taller QB/prototype.  So for Bryce, at literally every single level, to even PLAY QB is to overcome every single decision maker he has come into contact with fighting against those biases.  We don't have examples of short QBs because we as a football society historically have literally NOT ALLOWED SHORT DUDES TO PLAY QUARTERBACK.

Great players in any sport that have no comparison---that rarely is a negative thing when you're on this level.  It's more often than not something you say about the guys who wear gold jackets. And for the literal fanbase of Cam Newton who has literal zero comparison in history to be out here screaming about how the guy we might draft that has DESTROYED EVERY level of competition regardless of any limitations has no comparison to success doesn't inspire confidence in our optimism in who we pick.

We should literally be one of a few fanbases who understand that pundits and people scrambling for reasons to nitpick dudes/come up with BS when we have to wait from Feb-April for anything to literally happen.  Midway through this year if Bryce is tearing sh up, we're going to be posting these videos from pundits saying sh about him being a shorty and laughing at them.  If it were me I wouldn't want any quotes around here on record of me doubting that a dude who has destroyed the mold wouldn't get to the final level and continue to do so but that's why you won't find me trashing any of the dudes we're choosing between. 

Having a preference is fine.  Trashing the other pick because you do so is the sort of bias real Panther fans had to shrug, sigh and shake off during Cam's entire career. If you can't appreciate positivity / rooting for whoever our staff picks, I literally just cannot fathom what the entire eff you are actually doing here. 

Having rooted for Cam on the way to a pretty solid HOF case/literal league MVP, the best scenario for me is that you have the dude who doesn't fit the mold BREAK the mold and shut everyone tf up and become that next Brees/Wilson case for the next guy except he's atop both of them.  And I'll be screaming it at Falcons fans if Bryce runs out of that tunnel, even though I have to admit I feel like half of my bias towards CJ this whole time is that wearing a Panthers #7 stitched is way more attractive to me than #9.  But I've let that and other things go and from all the times I was down in Atlanta hearing their fans trash Cam and saying racist/idiotic sh about him--it's way more fun those times when he runs out of the tunnel and the away fans are screaming about his size. Then once the game starts, they're quiet, and once the 4th quarter starts, they're gone.

• Flames 1

Just now, backINblack28 said:

Agree.  The point everyone loves to ignore when complaining about height is that at every level of football, coaches are like we thought Frank was when he stepped into the building. Wanting the taller QB/prototype.  So for Bryce, at literally every single level, to even PLAY QB is to overcome every single decision maker he has come into contact with fighting against those biases.  We don't have examples of short QBs because we as a football society historically have literally NOT ALLOWED SHORT DUDES TO PLAY QUARTERBACK.

Great players in any sport that have no comparison---that rarely is a negative thing when you're on this level.  It's more often than not something you say about the guys who wear gold jackets. And for the literal fanbase of Cam Newton who has literal zero comparison in history to be out here screaming about how the guy we might draft that has DESTROYED EVERY level of competition regardless of any limitations has no comparison to success doesn't inspire confidence in our optimism in who we pick.

We should literally be one of a few fanbases who understand that pundits and people scrambling for reasons to nitpick dudes/come up with BS when we have to wait from Feb-April for anything to literally happen.  Midway through this year if Bryce is tearing sh up, we're going to be posting these videos from pundits saying sh about him being a shorty and laughing at them.  If it were me I wouldn't want any quotes around here on record of me doubting that a dude who has destroyed the mold wouldn't get to the final level and continue to do so but that's why you won't find me trashing any of the dudes we're choosing between. 

Having a preference is fine.  Trashing the other pick because you do so is the sort of bias real Panther fans had to shrug, sigh and shake off during Cam's entire career. If you can't appreciate positivity / rooting for whoever our staff picks, I literally just cannot fathom what the entire eff you are actually doing here. 

Having rooted for Cam on the way to a pretty solid HOF case/literal league MVP, the best scenario for me is that you have the dude who doesn't fit the mold BREAK the mold and shut everyone tf up and become that next Brees/Wilson case for the next guy except he's atop both of them.  And I'll be screaming it at Falcons fans if Bryce runs out of that tunnel, even though I have to admit I feel like half of my bias towards CJ this whole time is that wearing a Panthers #7 stitched is way more attractive to me than #9.  But I've let that and other things go and from all the times I was down in Atlanta hearing their fans trash Cam and saying racist/idiotic sh about him--it's way more fun those times when he runs out of the tunnel and the away fans are screaming about his size. Then once the game starts, they're quiet, and once the 4th quarter starts, they're gone.

now ask yourself why arent short guys allowed to play qb?

4 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

See this is my worry about this collaborative approach. The Salary Cap guy (it's Suleiman btw, Joe) shouldn't be chiming in about prospects.

But how do you know his front office role is strictly limited to salary cap stuff though? A lot of people do things beyond their initial job description in a work place. Plus I mean the dude was a player and wants a job as a GM one day, it’s not crazy that he’s involved in scouting lol

12 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

But how do you know his front office role is strictly limited to salary cap stuff though? A lot of people do things beyond their initial job description in a work place. Plus I mean the dude was a player and wants a job as a GM one day, it’s not crazy that he’s involved in scouting lol

It's pretty well documented that they view him as future GM material.

• Pie 1