• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Panthers 7pm

Panthers Fan 69

24 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

NJ wins in OT. 

Let them and the Rags go beat on each other for 7 games.

My Devils only won because Blackwood was pulled and replaced by Akira Schmid who didn't allow any more goals.

Good job winning tonight.

I said it would be a tough game for you guys but you buckled down and got it done. 

Now Good luck against uh....Is it the Islanders or the Panthers?  I forget.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

My Devils only won because Blackwood was pulled and replaced by Akira Schmid who didn't allow any more goals.

Good job winning tonight.

I said it would be a tough game for you guys but you buckled down and got it done. 

Now Good luck against uh....Is it the Islanders or the Panthers?  I forget.

Congrats on the win. Canes play the Islanders 1st round. You guys can have first whack at the Rangers. Hit ‘em hard for us lol.

Edited by DavidEng
  • Flames 1

33 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

NJ wins in OT. 

Let them and the Rags go beat on each other for 7 games.

I'm going to make a fearless prediction :

This series will end at 5 games (and it won't be NY that advances).

NY only has two things in its favor :  Its PowerPlay and Shesterkin

Their 5v5 is Terribad.

Also, we will have Vitek Vanacek who, while not Shesterkin, has proven he can step up and be big-time in goal.

All in all, the Devils will run (skate) them out of the building just about every game. 

BTW, i don't care about their "experience".    Their team speed is ass and the Devils will exploit it.

Edited by glenwo2

3 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

Congrats on the win. Canes play the Islanders 1st round. You guys can have first whack at the Rangers. Hit ‘em hard for us lol.

BTW, Game-Winning OT goal by LUKE Hughes.

How's THAT for your first EVER NHL Goal?   Jack has to be beside himself with joy.   😂

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

I'm going to make a fearless prediction :

This series will end at 5 games (and it won't be NY that advances).

NY only has two things in its favor :  Its PowerPlay and Shesterkin

Their 5v5 is Terribad.

Devils will run (skate) them out of the building just about every game. 

Don’t underestimate the playoff rangers, no way you will take them in 5 games. Reg season they beat you once and took you to OT two other times. They play tougher in the playoffs, you will see. Best you not use Blackwood lol.

• Pie 2

Just now, DavidEng said:

Don’t underestimate the playoff rangers, no way you will take them in 5 games. Reg season they beat you once and took you to OT two other times. They play tougher in the playoffs, you will see. Best you not use Blackwood lol.

They did take us to OT but there's no Shootout for them to escape to in the playoffs.

That is the one weakness this team has that won't be there when the big games begin.

And holy crap...I wanted to really do that Meme and jump out the window after how bad Blackwood played.

If there was any doubt that Blackwood NOT be re-signed after this season, THAT erased it. 

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

So 4 more wins. Freddie did not impress. You can’t give up 4. 

Well to be fair 2 of those were 6 on 5 goals… I count one against Freddie and 1 against the team. Basically Freddie gave up 2-3 goals he should have stopped. Just go with Raanta please Rod, and play Freddie when Raanta needs a rest.

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Playoff Rangers are a different breed or should I say dirty breed. The Devils better have their heads on a swivel.

The Rags will have their heads swiveling all night with the Devils going back and forth with their speed.

Playoff Rags last season was simply Shesterkin.   THAT'S IT.

Without him, Rags aren't even WildCard worthy. 

And the Rags are only as "dirty" as Trouba and let me tell you :  He's got NOTHING on Brad "Bitch-Baby" Marchand.

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

Trouba will try to take out Hughes early. He's good for at least 3-4 cheap shots per game.

Trouba trying to even catch Hughes on the open-ice is like trying to catch-up to a high-speed Ferrari on a friggin' Bicycle.  🤣

This is why Trouba almost always goes after Nico Hischier.  

And Nico always clowns him when he does.  

Edited by glenwo2

Well we somehow ended up playing a "we gotta outscore them" type game tonight...basically playing a terrible 3rd period and we won.

Release the hounds Rod.

(Still worried our defense has been better than our offense in scoring goals the last 2-3 weeks)  If both sides get going offensively it would be welcomed!

• Pie 1