• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did the S2 TEST take CJ out?

Ivory Panther

20 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Here is a newer article at the S2.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/03/21/nfl-s2-cognition-quarterbacks/

After a few years of vetting, S2 expanded to a small group of teams, including the Bills, Indianapolis Colts and Kansas City Chiefs. It later began to work with up to two teams per division, including the Panthers and Washington Commanders.

Among the 117 quarterbacks S2 had tested up to the 2022 draft, the 13 with career passer ratings above 90 averaged an S2 score (91) that was 40 percentile points higher than those with career passer ratings below 90. Those top-tier quarterbacks tested significantly better in seeing the full field (tracking capacity), picking up on tendencies (instinctive learning), filtering through “if-then” rules during plays (decision complexity) and focusing amid stimuli (distraction control).

Thx for sharing. Really good insight.

Just now, Wolfcop said:

from Person this morning, regarding Richardson:

The Florida quarterback with the Cam Newton-like physiqueremains under consideration by the Panthers, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. 

You Young lovers better not get too comfortable. Lol

As the rare 

1. Bryce 2. Richardson guy I’m loving it all.

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

The idea with all tests, including the combine, is to confirm what you already know, it is another data point. If it is different from what you expect you will do some more digging to make sure you didn’t miss anything. A high score on this test doesn’t mean you will be a successful QB, however a low score is a bit concerning and you will have to do some additional homework, no doubt.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, matt rhules gut fat said:

Hard to coach and now a poor S2 test.

Sounds like someone is doing all they can to get CJ to fall to them.

I sense it’s teams who are trying to trade  up to 3 to grab him now that they’re beating he won’t go 1 or 2.

Starting some of the hard to Coach type rumors to possibly give other teams they’re fight for that pick 2nd thoughts

13 minutes ago, stan786 said:

As the rare 

1. Bryce 2. Richardson guy I’m loving it all.

I'm in this camp as well. I see Bryce as the best QB in this class on Day 1 with a top 5 QB ceiling. However, Anthony Richardson has top 3 QB ceiling if he puts it all together. 

I'm fine with Stroud. However, I see him being a top 8-15 QB. Which is pro bowl level but not all-pro or MVP range I see the other two. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Ivory Panther said:

Rumor is CJ scored low on the test…now rumors are even the Texans r passing on him at 2. 

I doubt whether he actually scored low and whether teams will get too caught up in the test. It is merely a component of the player.  Tape being the most important.