• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer: Bryce Young scored 98 on his S2 teat

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, Pup McBarky said:

If we pick him, I sure hope you're wrong.

We all hope he’s wrong if he’s the pick but he threw at his pro day so he probably could have thrown at the combine next to the other guys. But it would have been clear his arm isn’t on the same level as the others we were looking at. We know he’s mobile but we don’t know how fast because he didn’t run the 40 or do any drills around speed.  I get top prospects not wanting to get hurt when they were a can’t miss label, like Lawrence or Luck, but when you don’t compete against your class it looks sus.

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He just does not have a competitive nature.  He comes off as the type that thinks that if he cannot win he doesn't want to play. 

Until you take a step back and pop on some of his tape where you can see a guy that competes every second and never backs down, and then you realize that making character judgements over only the combine is throwing out years of evidence.

Did you feel the same about Burrow not throwing at the combine?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Talk about coming to conclusions 

as someone who has preferred Stroud I'm hoping this is sarcasm. Bryce being the #1 recruit out of HS because he obliterated in hs and then living up to that for years on the biggest CFB stage is uh, the epitome of the complete opposite of everything he just said

2 minutes ago, stan786 said:

Until you take a step back and pop on some of his tape where you can see a guy that competes every second and never backs down, and then you realize that making character judgements over only the combine is throwing out years of evidence.

Did you feel the same about Burrow not throwing at the combine?

I think we spent enough time as a football society being idiots about when players didn't play in bowl games (possibly costing themselves time/millions etc at the next level for arguable reasons at best). I guess we're just doing that now about throwing at the combine where in a job all about timing and nuance you get zero of it/throw to randos at the combine and have none of what you have had and will have at every level--practice with who you're throwing to.  If you're the consensus top pick which he has been for over a year, I fail to see reason for anyone questioning literally anything he might do to make his consensus not consensus. Easy.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, backINblack28 said:

as someone who has preferred Stroud I'm hoping this is sarcasm. Bryce being the #1 recruit out of HS because he obliterated in hs and then living up to that for years on the biggest CFB stage is uh, the epitome of the complete opposite of everything he just said

I could’ve just stopped there.

but no, it’s not the eptitome.  Not every top QB throws at the combine.  Doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a competitive nature.

In fact, his film says other wise.  And teams have more than enough of that where he had nothing to prove throwing in spandex like most QBs top don’t either.  Only question mark he every had was his size.  And he showed up and got measured.

Just now, ncfan said:

I could’ve just stopped there.

but no, it’s not the eptitome.  Not every top QB throws at the combine.  Doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a competitive nature.

In fact, his film says other wise.  And teams have more than enough of that where he had nothing to prove throwing in spandex like most QBs top don’t either.  Only question mark he every had was his size.  And he showed up and got measured.

i meant what he said--not your response. he had zero to gain by throwing at the combine and plenty to lose--as i stated in my previous post. sorry for the confusion

Just now, backINblack28 said:

I think we spent enough time as a football society being idiots about when players didn't play in bowl games (possibly costing themselves time/millions etc at the next level for arguable reasons at best). I guess we're just doing that now about throwing at the combine where in a job all about timing and nuance you get zero of it/throw to randos at the combine and have none of what you have had and will have at every level--practice with who you're throwing to.  If you're the consensus top pick which he has been for over a year, I fail to see reason for anyone questioning literally anything he might do to make his consensus not consensus. Easy.

I have no problem if people like Stroud, Levis, Richardson. I just think being so against a prospect you use things like the combine which the top prospect often decides to not throw to question how much competitive fire he has when you just need to watch some tape and see how hard he played to keep his team in games, it just becomes silly.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, stan786 said:

I have no problem if people like Stroud, Levis, Richardson. I just think being so against a prospect you use things like the combine which the top prospect often decides to not throw to question how much competitive fire he has when you just need to watch some tape and see how hard he played to keep his team in games, it just becomes silly.

I agree.  We as a fanbase have nothing to do but nitpick at this point.  But when people question CJ OR Bryce's competitiveness I'm just like... There are easier ways to say "I don't watch (or have an ounce of comprehension for) college football."

Edited by backINblack28
  • Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Varking said:

We all hope he’s wrong if he’s the pick but he threw at his pro day so he probably could have thrown at the combine next to the other guys. But it would have been clear his arm isn’t on the same level as the others we were looking at. We know he’s mobile but we don’t know how fast because he didn’t run the 40 or do any drills around speed.  I get top prospects not wanting to get hurt when they were a can’t miss label, like Lawrence or Luck, but when you don’t compete against your class it looks sus.

Film, Film, Film!

You talking about a dude not throwing and running in tights with no pads. Man you put way too much stock into the combine. Tom Brady sucked at the combine and he's now The Goat.

There is a reason Bryce Young has been the projected #1 pick for the past year. It's called film. Watch his film he's the best QB in this draft.

You don't draft a QB #1 and only look at his size. You better be getting the best QB in the draft. It's amazing how this board favors Stroud when everybody else has heavily favored Bryce Young.

• Pie 1