• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Islanders Game 1 Monday

Panthers Fan 69

4 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Yeah, I started out watching ESPN but it was obvious how little they cared about our game, I switched it to the local broadcast, chip and the gang are so refreshing compared to the zombies on ESPN 

WTF is Chip and Gang? 

😂🤣😂🤣😂

Post of the night, get Chip and the Gang for the next broadcast too.....

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Mayfield laying on top of Stepan long after the whistle.

This was a common tactic last night. I assume to stop us cycling. But it was definitely ridiculous, at some point you gotta call it something. It happened at least a dozen times. Luckily we didn’t let it get to us. 

Also wtf was up with the islanders sticks, those things were breaking left and right.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

So here’s my recap.

What I liked: Our level of physicality, finishing hits. PP1 Unit. Raanta, especially his tracking of long pucks.

What I didn’t like: Not finding the net 5v5 especially with a poo ton of high dangers. Our defense collapsing in the first period around Raanta. We usually don’t play house. 

We need to make these high dangers goals vs. good goalies, if we can do that the sky’s the limit. 

• Pie 3

Mike Fink article on thehockeywriters site about the game is biased BS.

The Islanders outplayed the Hurricanes for the majority of the game and outscored them in even-strength play.”

I left a comment:

“You say the Islanders outplayed the Hurricanes? Laughable, the stats prove otherwise. Canes SOG 37 to Islanders 26. Canes won the faceoffs. Canes 2/4 on the PP to Isles 0/4.

Less bias and more facts in your next article please.”

Please feel free to comment if you want, sign up not required-

https://thehockeywriters.com/islanders-loss-hurricanes-04-17-2023/

26 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

Mike Fink article on thehockeywriters site about the game is biased BS.

The Islanders outplayed the Hurricanes for the majority of the game and outscored them in even-strength play.”

I left a comment:

“You say the Islanders outplayed the Hurricanes? Laughable, the stats prove otherwise. Canes SOG 37 to Islanders 26. Canes won the faceoffs. Canes 2/4 on the PP to Isles 0/4.

Less bias and more facts in your next article please.”

Please feel free to comment if you want, sign up not required-

https://thehockeywriters.com/islanders-loss-hurricanes-04-17-2023/

Who? 

6 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

You had a enough time to sign up for some random account and comment on it but won’t send one of our own a link?

I included a link to the article. I didn’t have to sign up as I stated in my post.

He is a writer for the site I linked to and covers the Islanders hockey. Hope that helps.