• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young, Stroud, Corral

poundaway

Just now, CPcavedweller said:

Is Young really better than Corral though? Put Young at Ole Miss, in Corral's situation, and what does Young do? I'd almost guarantee it's not much, if at all, better.

I guess we'll see.  I think so.  Most scouts and analysts think so.  Word is, the Panthers think so.  Many people didn't rate Corral the top of what was considered a bad QB class.  Young is rated at the top of this one.  

They may all be wrong.  But I doubt it.  Who really knows for sure?

Give the guy a chance.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Both have slight frame.   Seeing a pattern here 

No comparison. 6'2" 220lbs?! Actual dual threat QB that can run north to south. Young doesn't have his height, run ability, or weight. Corral is just as or more accurate. Stronger arm than Young.

Young is a huge risk without enough, speed or upside beyond "getting it" and a average arm for the NFL.

Screenshot_20230412-092453~2.png

6 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Is Young really better than Corral though? Put Young at Ole Miss, in Corral's situation, and what does Young do? I'd almost guarantee it's not much, if at all, better.

Yeah Young is better. He is probably going number 1 in the draft. He is a better NFL prospect coming out of college without a doubt. Whether he will be the better pro is still a guess I suppose, but the experts tend to think so.

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

No comparison. 6'2" 220lbs?! Actual dual threat QB that can run north to south. Young doesn't have his height, run ability, or weight. Corral is just as or more accurate. Stronger arm than Young.

Young is a huge risk without enough, speed or upside beyond "getting it" and a average arm for the NFL.

Screenshot_20230412-092453~2.png

Well then, he should show out in training camp.

I had a lot of hope for him.  Its a shame it played out the way it did.

• Beer 2

11 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

I think there’s a fair chance 

I'd put it at 90+%.

It would be a genuine shock to see Corral make the roster. He didn't get picked by this staff and the reviews from TC weren't positive when he was healthy.

It will likely be another in a long list of major Matt Rhule blunders in the NFL draft.

22 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I'd hope that the new coaching staff would give Corral every opportunity to prove himself rather than dismissing him out of hand.  Matt had better hit the ground running, because no matter which QB the Panthers select in ten days, he'll be the shiny new penny and the apple of their eye.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Beer 2

19 hours ago, KillerKat said:

It would be smart to only carry 2 QBs on the roster. You already have your franchise QB. You just need a backup and thats it. If you get down to your 3rd, your season is fuged anyway. The reason the 9ers needed more is cause they never had their franchise QB. Corral should go to the practice squad this year. If he gets taken, oh well.

Not sure why you wouldn’t keep Corral and try and develop him. I could argue we don’t need that 4th TE or 7th CB we would be keeping in place of him. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

Youngsters think he's indestructible, the tiniest most indestructible thing.

Lol.

It’s a little ironic hearing a Corral fanatic question a player’s durability. You also liked Strong right? He couldn’t even make a roster due to his injury…

• Flames 2

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah Young is better. He is probably going number 1 in the draft. He is a better NFL prospect coming out of college without a doubt. Whether he will be the better pro is still a guess I suppose, but the experts tend to think so.

The statistics DON'T scream that, as a matter of fact Corral has better stats. A bunch of attempts (547) elevated Young's stats line as far as production but stats tell the truth...

Take a look. Corral has a higher completion % than Young, average yards per completion is better than Young, QB rating averaging 1 points better than Young comparing the last two years of play.

Corral has better rushing yards than YOUNG, taller, heavier...

See where I'm going.

Young is a probable Fhules gold.

Screenshot_20230416-173251~2.png

Screenshot_20230416-173455~2.png