• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OFFICIAL: Bryce Young cancels remaining team visits

TheSpecialJuan

2 minutes ago, poundaway said:

I was thinking about Young canceling his visits, and some people posted very reasonably that it could be that he hasn't heard anything from the Panthers and he has been told by the Texans that he's their pick. 

So would you cancel your other visits on the day the Texans announce at press conference that their "listening" to offers for 2?   And if so, why now?  These visits have been on the books for months.  The Texans are just now notifying Young he is their pick, and the same day announce their listening to other offers?

But the betting markets certainly didn't see it that way. 

What was interesting was Caserio said we'd know by Thursday if they were trading out of #2. 

I think he is the pick at one.  There could be an argument that the Texans told him he won't make it past 2.  They are only trading 2 if Young isn't there for example.  So they are listening to offers as all arrows are pointing to us drafting him at 1.  It makes sense but it just isn't likely at this point.

19 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Believing everything is dumb. People lie. Some people live in a lie. I don't have to live in YOUR imagination or believe CNN, FOX because you do. 

Not a damn robot, not your sheep, not your dog to vaccinate.

Man you are really losing it.  WTF are you even talking about at this point?  We are more than likely drafting the QB you didn't want.  You also wanted us to draft Trask, Strong, and think Corral is the answer.  Maybe it's a good thing they aren't picking "your guy" based on the data of the Huddle.   Get over it.

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

They are only trading 2 if Young isn't there for example. 

They won't know by Thursday if Young is there or not... in the scenerio where the Panthers haven't told Bryce or anyone else anything.

I agree, that Bryce is probably the #1.  I'm just trying to see if makes sense to read it another way.  Today's press conferences should be interesting.

Edited by poundaway

2 minutes ago, poundaway said:

They won't know by Thursday if Young is there or not.

I agree, that Bryce is probably the #1.  I'm just trying to see if makes sense to read it another way.  Today's press conferences should be interesting.

Listening to offers doesn't mean they will accept any before draft day.  It's good to have an idea of what you want to do based on what happens in the draft. For example if Young is drafted at 1 we can trade with the Colts for their first next year because of previous conversations.  

Again I don't think it's happening but simply explaining a scenario where it could.  

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I never realized how fast Bryce was until I watched this video

He was the top dual threat QB coming out of HS right?  I think I saw he was running a 4.5 then so who knows where he is at now or if it even matters.  I still think if he has an open lane in the NFL he could take it.  Just like Stroud will have to learn how to play outside of the pocket, Young will be learning to make quicker decisions and taking what the defense will give him which could include some runs (especially along the sideline like Mahomes does).

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think the concerns about Young's arm are zero. I think his arm is average at best at the NFL level. Watching him play he needs time to wind up and step into the throw to generate velocity or go deep.

I'm excited about his potential and if our staff is completely sold on him then I have confidence he'll translate but the physical concerns are real as hell.

He's not a Cam or Mahomes or Allen and never will be but he's got enough arm strength to keep defenses honest (unlike guys like Mac Jones, Kenny Pickett) and as much as a Brady or Burrow. Different ways to skin a cat. Would I love a do it all guy with elite arm strength too, absolutely. I've long slightly preferred Stroud for various reasons, arm strength being one of them as I think he has that potential to be more of a do it all guy like a Mahomes. But Bryce can absolutely become an elite QB with his accuracy and processing. His arm strength won't hinder him in the NFL it just won't ever be a strength on its own. Which is fine.

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think the concerns about Young's arm are zero. I think his arm is average at best at the NFL level. Watching him play he needs time to wind up and step into the throw to generate velocity or go deep.

I'm excited about his potential and if our staff is completely sold on him then I have confidence he'll translate but the physical concerns are real as hell.

I realized how easily fans get brainwashed by media.  I bet if media promoted CJ like they promoted Young, most folks on here would be screaming for CJ.  Now, some folks are tripping on dopamine and turning into assholes.

I don’t care who we pick and will support them.  Young weaknesses definitely concerns me with his average arm and tiny size.  Those who say it’s not a concern are not thinking straight.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

I realized how easily fans get brainwashed by media.  I bet if media promoted CJ like they promoted Young, most folks on here would be screaming for CJ.  Now, some folks are tripping on dopamine and turning into assholes.

I don’t care who we pick and will support them.  Young weaknesses definitely concerns me with his average arm and tiny size.  Those who say it’s not a concern are not thinking straight.

Well the media has been driving the Stroud hype train since the Georgia game lol, which I’m sure has contributed to why so many on here and other places have been so high on Stroud. 

I get being concerned with the arm strength but I also think Bryce has the potential to develop and grow into his body on a NFL strength and conditioning plan which could help his arm get stronger too. I don’t think he’ll be his current size for the rest of his life, the dude is only 21.

• Pie 1