• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Bryce Young scored 98 out of 99 on his S2 cognitive test

TheSpecialJuan

27 minutes ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

Maybe I'm insane but I think Justin Fields would look like Jalen Hurts in our offense. Assuming we would have kept CMC and Moore, we'd have a nice power running game and legit receiving threat. You can say "Fields can't throw' but out of the 5Qbs that have started games for the Panthers in the last 5 years, Fields is no worse than 2nd.

TLDR: We'd be in a better situation had we just drafted Justin Fields

I dont think Fields is it anymore. Here he would have been coached by Rhule. However, giving Fields his three years to show if he can improve would have us still having DJ Moore and not lost those picks in the process. Instead of looking at Bryce or CJ or Richardson or Levis we would be looking at Caleb Williams or Drake Maye or whoever emerges at the 3 like Rattler or the kid from Duke. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Varking said:

The irony is if we had drafted Justin Fields we would know right now he ISNT our guy and we wouldn't have traded away our first rounder next year and DJ Moore to find out about a guy who is 5'8 180. I missed on Fields. I've been correct on everyone else I have backed. I have no problem admitting the truth. We would be in the running for Caleb Williams. 

Cheers for finally admitting that.  But that's the point...how does Fields get part way into his third season before you're comfortable admitting he isn't a franchise QB, but Bryce gets two games?  Cause it looks like the difference is that one of them was "your guy", and the other is a guy you never wanted.  And if so, then it's pointless discussing things with someone who is so entrenched in his pre-draft biases that there is no productive conversation to be had.

• Pie 6

2 hours ago, Varking said:

I dont think Fields is it anymore. Here he would have been coached by Rhule. However, giving Fields his three years to show if he can improve would have us still having DJ Moore and not lost those picks in the process. Instead of looking at Bryce or CJ or Richardson or Levis we would be looking at Caleb Williams or Drake Maye or whoever emerges at the 3 like Rattler or the kid from Duke. 

Caleb is saying he might stay another year depending on who is at 1.  Rattler would be a terrible move.  The point is at some point you have to try to get your QB.  Maybe Young was the right guy maybe he wasn't, but the alternative was to keep signing Darnolds, Bakers, and Teddys while winning enough games to not get a top pick to use on a QB.  Roll with Young these next two years and if he implodes we will have a top pick to try again in 2025.  Were you not saying Young will be a good pick as well?  I know you preferred Stroud.  

I love how everyone has just decided that Bryce Young is a bust after 2 games when it's clear the team overall is a complete mess right now.

If he were in the exact same spot but was 6'5 and 240 he'd still be the future of the team, but because he's not Cam Newton 2.0 a large portion of the fan base has already decided he's a bust.

My concern isn't that Bryce is a bust, but that this clusterfug of an organization is going to ruin him before we ever have a chance to find out what he is.

• Pie 4

On 4/20/2023 at 7:08 PM, TheSpecialJuan said:

What Tony Pauline says makes sense, Stroud was perfect for Reich’s offense but as the Panthers brass continued their due diligence on the top 4 QB’s it was Bryce who clearly rose to the top and separated himself from the pack 

Still not ready to play the position though. If the Panthers want a chance to win next Sunday, they will start Andy not Bryce.

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

Cheers for finally admitting that.  But that's the point...how does Fields get part way into his third season before you're comfortable admitting he isn't a franchise QB, but Bryce gets two games?  Cause it looks like the difference is that one of them was "your guy", and the other is a guy you never wanted.  And if so, then it's pointless discussing things with someone who is so entrenched in his pre-draft biases that there is no productive conversation to be had.

Where did I say Bryce isn’t/wont be a franchise QB? I’d list the differences in scenarios but I want to make sure I’m discussing something with somebody who wants an actual discussion and this isn’t pointless. 

Edited by Varking
  • Pie 1

38 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Caleb is saying he might stay another year depending on who is at 1.  Rattler would be a terrible move.  The point is at some point you have to try to get your QB.  Maybe Young was the right guy maybe he wasn't, but the alternative was to keep signing Darnolds, Bakers, and Teddys while winning enough games to not get a top pick to use on a QB.  Roll with Young these next two years and if he implodes we will have a top pick to try again in 2025.  Were you not saying Young will be a good pick as well?  I know you preferred Stroud.  

I thought any QB of the top 3, Stroud, Richardson and Young, would have success here because of the pieces we had in place. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

I thought any QB of the top 3, Stroud, Richardson and Young, would have success here because of the pieces we had in place. 

This. We supposedly hired an "all-star" coaching staff and had finally "fixed" the OL. We knew we would be thin at WR, but figured the offense would be at least functional with what we have.

Turns out the coaching staff isn't such an "all-star" group after all and the OL has been a disaster due to a complete lack of any passable depth.

I also thought that pre-draft; now I wonder if ANY of them would be able to overcome this mess.

If you're pro Bryce becoming a franchise QB honestly you probably shouldn't even be welcoming a Fields comparison. The Panthers truthfully aren't much above the Bears as far as developing QB's goes if we're being unbiased. But regardless taking a risk on Fields with 1 pick is quite different from taking a risk with 2 firsts and a quality starter. That's the accelerator that changes the stakes. It isn't fair but we would be having the same level of heightened expectations for Stroud or Richardson. That's the weight of being first overall.

Regardless it's looking more and more like the Reich hire was a dud so no one can say for sure how either of the top prospects would be looking here in place of Young. But all hypotheticals aside as of now in the social media age Bryce Young is several big steps behind his peers from the draft in the eyes of most fans. It's going to take some big time play to bridge the gap. Hopefully he's up to the task.

18 minutes ago, Varking said:

Where did I say Bryce isn’t/wont be a franchise QB? I’d list the differences in scenarios but I want to make sure I’m discussing something with somebody who wants an actual discussion and this isn’t pointless. 

Sorry, can you explain you pie'ing a post calling this the "worst trade since Sean Gilbert"?  That's simply because a 2024 1st and DJ Moore is just too much for a measly franchise QB?

15 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Sorry, can you explain you pie'ing a post calling this the "worst trade since Sean Gilbert"?  That's simply because a 2024 1st and DJ Moore is just too much for a measly franchise QB?

Yeah I thought it was funny because it’s an exaggeration. Can you explain to me where I called Bryce a bust?