• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young on Cam

ncfan

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

Somehow the great players rarely make good coaches thing is often brought up, except when the topic of Kuechly coaching comes to play.

What made Kuechly special is something that pretty easily translates to coaching.

Actually don't think he's going to be a coach though. His short foray with the Panthers was in scouting, but part of me wonders if his working so hard and putting so much time into football over the last several years burned him out a little.

Some guys can't do anything halfway. It winds up being better for them if they don't do it at all.

• Pie 3

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

What made Kuechly special is something that pretty easily translates to coaching.

Actually don't think he's going to be a coach though. His short foray with the Panthers was in scouting, but part of me wonders if his working so hard and putting so much time into football over the last several years burned him out a little.

Some guys can't do anything halfway. It winds up being better for them if they don't do it at all.

What is it that he has that other greats don’t?

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Oh he looks up to him alright…

Seriously though Young is about as polished as it gets for interviews. I don’t see him having any blunders in front of the cameras. He is always going to say the right things. I believe his dad is a consultant and professional speaker so he probably gets a lot of it naturally.

(" Oh he looks up to him alright…") LOL 🙂

3 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

I'd love to have Cam on this team in some capacity but its not gonna happen. Just retire #1 and have a kickass ceremony

Agree!!! It will be a great celebration the day the Panthers honor Cam and retire the # 1 Jersey.

7 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

What is it that he has that other greats don’t?

Willingness to spend a ridiculous number of hours a week watching and analyzing game tape. That's something coaches do regularly.

The argument can be made though that this translates more into the pro scouting role that he formerly had than it does coaching. Pro scouts don't just check out players. They look at film of other teams to help scout for tendencies, weaknesses and game planning ideas that they then give to the coaches who use it for teaching.

Can Luke teach others himself though? Honestly don't know. That's something former teammates good probably testify to one way or another.

3 minutes ago, rodeo said:

i maintain that i think we should sign Cam just for QB sneaks and gadget plays. lining Bryce Young up for a QB sneak to push the pile is some funny stuff.

I've already said they should just have two extra linemen in on those plays and have them throw him over the pile 😐

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Willingness to spend a ridiculous number of hours a week watching and analyzing game tape. That's something coaches do regularly.

The argument can be made though that this translates more into the pro scouting role that he formerly had than it does coaching. Pro scouts don't just check out players. They look at film of other teams to help scout for tendencies, weaknesses and game planning ideas that they then give to the coaches who use it for teaching.

Can Luke teach others himself though? Honestly don't know. That's something former teammates good probably testify to one way or another.

There are plenty other greats that spend hours watching and analyzing tape. It’s been said Cam does this, Ray Lewis was notorious for spending numerous hours watching tape. Quite a few greats do this, which is one of the things that makes them great. 

Do you think Ray Lewis would make a great coach?

Edited by AggieLean