• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tom Pelissero compares quarterbacks

Mr. Scot

( "At this point, it’ll be a major surprise within the league if the Carolina Panthers draft someone other than Young at No. 1 overall on April 27, his diminutive stature notwithstanding.")

That pretty much told me all i wanted to hear from the sports writer.

• Pie 1

I'm still in shock any professional scout or executive somehow can put Richardson in the same category of prospect that was Cam Newton. If Cam Newton right now today, where to come into the draft after the same season he had at Auburn he would be the surefire number one pick no questions asked. It would be in the same vain as Trevor Lawrence, there would be no debate, no one would have been able to trade up to 1 no matter the offer. Chicago would be skipping and prancing their way to hand the card and laughing all the way to the bank for the collection of picks they would get for Justin Fields. That is how much of a differe ce there is between Cam and Richardson as a prospect. Put some respect on the Rookie of the year, MVP, and most effective QB run threat in the history of the game.

Edited by Jaxel
  • Pie 4
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Smithers said:

Heck Stroud might even be there at 9 at this point.  Every year it seems someone drops - Stroud might be that guy this year

Most draft experts had C.J. Stroud being the 2nd QB taken in the drat but after some recent negative reports about him it could very well not happen.

4 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

I'm still in shock any professional scout or executive somehow can put Richardson in the same category of prospect that was Cam Newton. If Cam Newton right now today, where to come into the draft after the same season he had at Auburn he would be the surefire number one pick no questions asked. It would be in the same vain as Trevor Lawrence, there would be no debate, no one would have been able to trade up to 1 no matter the offer. Chicago would be skipping and prancing their way to hand the card and laughing all the way to the bank for the collection of picks they would get for Justin Fields. That is how much of a differe ce there is between Cam and Richardson as a prospect. Put some respect on the Rookie of the year, MVP, and most effective QB run threat in the history of the game.

I still get surprised how offended people get with anything Cam related, he was awesome but he wasn’t perfect, and that’s ok. They comparison was just regarding one aspect of Cam’s game, not the overall player. And it was an opinion not aimed at being negative about Cam, but highlighting something being undervalued with Richardson.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Martin said:

I still get surprised how offended people get with anything Cam related, he was awesome but he wasn’t perfect, and that’s ok. They comparison was just regarding one aspect of Cam’s game, not the overall player. And it was an opinion not aimed at being negative about Cam, but highlighting something being undervalued with Richardson.

He literally said Richardson is a better passer than Cam. Richardson might be the worst passer to go in the first round ever. 

20 minutes ago, Varking said:

Richardson is going to surprise folks when in the NFL his completion percent is way better in the NFL and not be this horrific drive killer some are projecting him as. 

I think he can definitely improve, but right now he throws more wild passes and simply off target stuff than just about any top candidate I’ve ever seen

14 minutes ago, Varking said:

Josh Allen was pretty torrid in college. 

Eh, Josh Allen was my favorite prospect in that draft so I researched him pretty well. He had a “low completion percentage” but his throws weren’t bad. He was just similar to Cam, bad system and no receivers. His throws were usually where they were supposed to be though. 

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Eh, Josh Allen was my favorite prospect in that draft so I researched him pretty well. He had a “low completion percentage” but his throws weren’t bad. He was just similar to Cam, bad system and no receivers. His throws were usually where they were supposed to be though. 

I can only believe this partially becaus for two years in the NFL he suffered from the same issues until the Bills went out and got him a true #1. Then everything looked a lot better. 

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

He literally said Richardson is a better passer than Cam. Richardson might be the worst passer to go in the first round ever. 

Nobody who has watched or analyzed his game thinks that though. 

• Pie 1