• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN’s Matt Miller: “There's a lot of like for C.J. Stroud there, but Bryce won the entire organization over.”

FuFuLamePoo

4 minutes ago, ncsfinest21 said:

Is he really. Do you not look back on what has been done. Rhule, Darnold, Baker just to name a few. He is a great guy from what I know but as long as he has been here, he hasnt produced.  This is probably why he had a half stake of the steelers. 

Tepper hired Rhule with Hurney’s help. What makes you think he has anything to do with Darnold or Baker? He tends to let football people make football decisions. Fitt already said Reich and himself have final say in the pick. Anything else is just random fan theories that are mad Carolina isn’t picking their favorite QB prospect.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, ncsfinest21 said:

Because who signs Fitt and Franks checks. 

Okay by that logic all owners meddle because they sign the checks of the people they employ lol. I’ve always gotten the sense that Tepper is active but not overbearing because for all intents and purposes, he let Matt Rhule do whatever the hell he wanted. 

22 minutes ago, ncsfinest21 said:

I dont think so man. I feel this is a tepper move. Tepper loved some Bryce but McCown and Reich like Stroud

Okay but also who’s to say both didn’t love Bryce as well? I think a lot of people read way too much into the pro day interactions because they were public, but we don’t know how the interactions were behind closed doors. 

I don’t think it’s fair to say Bryce is a Tepper pick just because it’s not  your (not literally you but in general) preference. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, ncsfinest21 said:

You cant look at who he loved or liked. Thats called emotion. Look at what happened and what has it produced.

He hired a bad HC and gave him control. He fired that mistake 2.5 years into his 7 year contract and then had a committee help hire his new HC who is actually qualified to do the job. 

Ok now what does all of that have to do with him deciding who we draft?

46 minutes ago, ncsfinest21 said:

Na bro. Ive watched Stroud alot. His footwork and accuracy is lethal. The way he held it down in the GA game without Harrison half the game showed he is ready. He has always been very smooth with his passes and has a great arm. I dont want no magician in the backfield. Magic tricks get found out but you cant stop a accurate pass.

BIG FACTS.

25 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He hired a bad HC and gave him control. He fired that mistake 2.5 years into his 7 year contract and then had a committee help hire his new HC who is actually qualified to do the job. 

Ok now what does all of that have to do with him deciding who we draft?

Because wasnt Tepper that liked Matt Rhule when there were better coaches than a college head coach. Just says he bases things off emotion. Wasnt he the one that was going to let his wife be part of decision making for a coach. The list goes on. Just shows he bases things off emotion and the results backfire. Thats all Im saying. I believe the staff really wants Stroud because who wouldnt want a QB thats accurate. Knows how to set his feet and deliver the ball in stride. Ive seen Alabama games and family is Bama fans and they say dont draft Bryce. His footwork is sloppy at times and there has been alot of times he has had open receivers but couldnt see them because his height. He cant throw the slant because he cant see the linebackers behind the oline and dline. He will be a bust. Just relaying the message.

8 minutes ago, ncsfinest21 said:

Because wasnt Tepper that liked Matt Rhule when there were better coaches than a college head coach. Just says he bases things off emotion. Wasnt he the one that was going to let his wife be part of decision making for a coach. The list goes on. Just shows he bases things off emotion and the results backfire. Thats all Im saying. I believe the staff really wants Stroud because who wouldnt want a QB thats accurate. Knows how to set his feet and deliver the ball in stride. Ive seen Alabama games and family is Bama fans and they say dont draft Bryce. His footwork is sloppy at times and there has been alot of times he has had open receivers but couldnt see them because his height. He cant throw the slant because he cant see the linebackers behind the oline and dline. He will be a bust. Just relaying the message.

I wouldn't be so sure about that tbh. We've had a couple mods in this thread tell us that they've heard that if it wasn't gonna be Bryce it'd be AR and that lines up with the recent reporting around AR and him being the choice in a trade back scenario. 

And in general I hate when folks talk about these QB's and their fate in the league for definitively. Whether it's being so certain dude will have an injury riddled career, or just saying that he's for sure gonna be a bust. Like can we at least wait until these dudes take a snap in the league before writing the book on their careers, and that's in a positive or negative light. Like we ain't gotta crown him as the second coming but we also don't gotta act like he's destined to fail. 

Also disagree with the slant comment because it shows up on tape when Bama runs their RPO's, and he routinely makes throws over the middle. 

6 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that tbh. We've had a couple mods in this thread tell us that they've heard that if it wasn't gonna be Bryce it'd be AR and that lines up with the recent reporting around AR and him being the choice in a trade back scenario. 

And in general I hate when folks talk about these QB's and their fate in the league for definitively. Whether it's being so certain dude will have an injury riddled career, or just saying that he's for sure gonna be a bust. Like can we at least wait until these dudes take a snap in the league before writing the book on their careers, and that's in a positive or negative light. Like we ain't gotta crown him as the second coming but we also don't gotta act like he's destined to fail. 

Also disagree with the slant comment because it shows up on tape when Bama runs their RPO's, and he routinely makes throws over the middle. 

Do you think we will run shotgun all game long. If we get him Id go for him but as of now I dont see how he becomes good until year 4 or 5 after we get rid of him.

1 hour ago, ncsfinest21 said:

Thats why you get a pocket passer. Tom Brady didnt get hurt often. Neither did Peyton. Get someone that can deliver the ball accurately and see the field. Get Stroud

I like Stroud plenty but I simply can't imagine watching creators like Mahomes, Herbert, and Allen take over the league and think "that's why you get a pocket passer." 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, ncsfinest21 said:

Do you think we will run shotgun all game long. If we get him Id go for him but as of now I dont see how he becomes good until year 4 or 5 after we get rid of him.

I'm sure we're gonna be in shotgun a lot regardless of who the QB would be just because that's the way the league has been trending. I mean the Eagles ran out of shotgun a bunch last year and according to Miles Sanders, our offense super similar to theirs with the RPO action and what not, so it's not implausible. I think they'll run some under center concepts too even if Bryce is the QB. They may not do it a lot but I think they'll do it. 

Here's a good article of the increased usage of shotgun formation over the past few seasons:

https://www.the33rdteam.com/category/analysis/nfl-teams-moving-out-from-under-cenet-riding-shotgunnfl-teams-riding-shotgun/

Edited by BlackPanther22

3 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

I'm sure we're gonna be in shotgun a lot regardless of who the QB would be just because that's the way the league has been trending. I mean the Eagles ran out of shotgun a bunch last year and according to Miles Sanders, our offense super similar to theirs with the RPO action and what not, so it's not implausible. I think they'll run some under center concepts too even if Bryce is the QB. They may not do it a lot but I think they'll do it. 

Here's a good website with a breakdown of the percentages of shotgun vs under center snaps there were for each team in the league:

https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/snap-rates--shotgun-v-under-center--off-.html

You'll see most of the numbers skew heavily towards shotgun formation for most of the teams in the league, so I don't think it'll be an issue. 

Ok. We will see. Thanks for the stats. Very enlightening. I hope he does well man. Just want to see us win for once. Tired of the mediocrity. We gave up alot and this could wreck us if it isnt right.

• Beer 2

17 minutes ago, ncsfinest21 said:

Why do you think it’s going to take 4 or 5 years to be good?

1 minute ago, ncsfinest21 said:

We gave up alot and this could wreck us if it isnt right.

Not really. It's basically a 3 year window. If it fails then Frank and Fitt are likely gone and by that time we have our 1st rd pick back.

It's gonna work though Young is the right pick. The doubters will believe when he starts winning games.

• Pie 2