• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Reich: Panthers have made their decision

TheSpecialJuan

3 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

Chill dude lol, I still think it’s Young until something more concrete comes out that would make me think otherwise. 

That's the spirit!

Don't let these these randoms play with your intelligence.   

Bryce Young is OTW!

Edited by CamWhoaaCam

28 minutes ago, stan786 said:

“There were inclinations early… the conviction built gradually for us coaches… the scouts were ahead of us”

Sounds like Fitt knew who he wanted and Reich liked him but needed to go through the process and confirm what he thought originally.

My guess is that Stroud sold them at his pro-day to cement a minimum 2-prospect viability at 1.  Young v Stroud, with many leaning CJ.  They were genuinely impressed.  I don't think Levis was far behind but the kid does has some big accuracy & mind-arm/hand-eye sync issues to work out.  Similar with AR but with other areas-for-improvement.  

As they dug in, interviewed, spoke to their coaches, teammates, really studied the tape, it simply moved to Young.  

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

My guess is that Stroud sold them at his pro-day to cement a minimum 2-prospect viability at 1.  Young v Stroud, with many leaning CJ.  They were genuinely impressed.  I don't think Levis was far behind but the kid does has some big accuracy & mind-arm/hand-eye sync issues to work out.  Similar with AR but with other areas-for-improvement.  

As they dug in, interviewed, spoke to their coaches, teammates, really studied the tape, it simply moved to Young.  

Could be, I just think back to the combine though and you can hear Reich focusing on Young. I remember leaving that presser shocked how into Young he was. That’s why I started taking him more seriously and then he did it again in that presser before the pro days.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I still would.

Now with that said, a lot of the talk going around about the guy smells like bullsh-t.

I caught a tape of his post pro day presser (below)

None of the stuff about him being a jerk, being immature, thinking he's already great and/or won't have to work hard in the NFL...none of that shows up here. He comes off as a young kid with a big opportunity ahead of him just trying to get ready for it.

Again, I don't see him being our pick, but I do think some people here are being unfair to him.

Shocking I know. Everyone just repeats “but mayo” and “he eats bananas with the skin on.”

He could just…and I know this is crazy to say…..have a sense of humor?

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

The lost ticket sales that would happen with Andy Dalton and Will Levis as your Qbs would be astronomical lol.

Joe Person mentioned that if the QB choice was somebody unexpected that the team might leak it early to get people ready. I don’t think this rumor is that because it didn’t come from an official channel but yeah your statement here is exactly why if Levis is the pick we’ll probably hear it from a insider sooner or later lol. 

That said though, I still think it’s Young and the betting markets have calmed down to reflect that.

• Pie 1