• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Merrill Hoge on Dan Patrick show shares thoughts about draft..

2 minutes ago, Ezrider1423 said:

We took a 6’5 250lb megatron back in 2011. Where is he at now? Oh yeah, not playing; And Cam is my favorite QB in the world.  So why not give this guy a shot? Injuries are unpredictable and can happen to anyone.  Bryce is smart, with a good head on his shoulders. I think he will adjust like he’s always done.  I’d rather try and fail than see Bryce tearing it up in someone else’s jersey every Sunday.  You can’t knock the ball out of the park if you never take a big swing.  

Same can be said of any qb...

2 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

If most posters on here want to have an honest discussion about something there isn’t usually a problem. Goat boy has just been spamming the past week and poo posting. That being said, it’s the night before the fuging draft and pretty much everybody is burnt out on this poo. You act like we should still be debating these QBs like we’re at the scouting combine. How about stop being whiny buzzkills and enjoy the draft. We have the #1 pick and some of you are acting like it’s a fuging funeral honestly just stfu and stop making these stupid threads.

Is that really the case? Or you call it spamming because its going against the grain? How is this any different from someone making threads everytime somebody in the media says that they think the panthers are picking Young the last couple weeks? Hypothetically, lets say we knew for a FACT that they were picking Will Levis number 1 tomorrow night, this place would be unbearable right now with everybody making negative threads because NOBODY wants that to happen. Everybody would be a buzzkill technically because they dont agree with the decision. Whats going on here is the opposite, but you have a minority that dont agree with the decision and just making it known because everybody voices their opinion on here anyway but the majority do and just want them to stay silent. Merril hoge has credibility so i dont see the problem with this thread, and he gave valid reasons to back it up. Who tf cares if the majority of analyst feel differently, they also felt differently when he said Clowney wasnt gonna live up to the hype who went number 1 overall too. The point is you cant call something stupid because it doesnt fit your opinion, siting concerns about said player and how they can be improved is not being whiny or acting like its a funeral. How about you just ignore the thread and go on about your way and stop given stupid responses when every thread isnt worshipping Bryce young. 

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, Ezrider1423 said:

We took a 6’5 250lb megatron back in 2011. Where is he at now? Oh yeah, not playing; And Cam is my favorite QB in the world.  So why not give this guy a shot? Injuries are unpredictable and can happen to anyone.  Bryce is smart, with a good head on his shoulders. I think he will adjust like he’s always done.  I’d rather try and fail than see Bryce tearing it up in someone else’s jersey every Sunday.  You can’t knock the ball out of the park if you never take a big swing.  

Difference is we have A more competent staff and GM now than we did then. If cam had this staff and front office…there’d be no doubt he’d still be playing and would be a HOFer without question. 

• Pie 3

18 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Is that really the case? Or you call it spamming because its going against the grain? How is this any different from someone making threads everytime somebody in the media says that they think the panthers are picking Young the last couple weeks? Hypothetically, lets say we knew for a FACT that they were picking Will Levis number 1 tomorrow night, this place would be unbearable right now with everybody making negative threads because NOBODY wants that to happen. Everybody would be a buzzkill technically because they dont agree with the decision. Whats going on here is the opposite, but you have a minority that dont agree with the decision and just making it known because everybody voices their opinion on here anyway but the majority do and just want them to stay silent. Merril hoge has credibility so i dont see the problem with this thread, and he gave valid reasons to back it up. Who tf cares if the majority of analyst feel differently, they also felt differently when he said Clowney wasnt gonna live up to the hype who went number 1 overall too. The point is you cant call something stupid because it doesnt fit your opinion, siting concerns about said player and how they can be improved is not being whiny or acting like its a funeral. How about you just ignore the thread and go on about your way and stop given stupid responses when every thread isnt worshipping Bryce young. 

Lol it be the same group everytime too, it doesn't bother me. They say what they want but it's the internet and at the end of the day we panther fans so whoever it is we hope can win it all. But the environment here has been crazy when you don't go all out for young..

2 minutes ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

Lol it be the same group everytime too, it doesn't bother me. They say what they want but it's the internet and at the end of the day we panther fans so whoever it is we hope can win it all. But the environment here has been crazy when you don't go all out for young..

Ultimately, I am ok with Young, AR or stroud. I also am ok with knowing all three have flaws and I’m perfectly comfortable with talking about all them. Youngs flaws, unfortunately, can not be corrected by coaching (like Ar and Stroud). That’s ok, we will see what happens and hope for the best. I have no doubt he’s going to be good, the question is, will he hold up? 

I think I saw an nfl exec quote about young, something about “is he the lone outlier” when referring to small qbs not having success. I think this exec forgot about Brees, but is young the next Brees? Time will tell.

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Ultimately, I am ok with Young, AR or stroud. I also am ok with knowing all three have flaws and I’m perfectly comfortable with talking about all them. Youngs flaws, unfortunately, can not be corrected by coaching (like Ar and Stroud). That’s ok, we will see what happens and hope for the best. I have no doubt he’s going to be good, the question is, will he hold up? 

I think I saw an nfl exec quote about young, something about “is he the lone outlier” when referring to small qbs not having success. I think this exec forgot about Brees, but is young the next Brees? Time will tell.

We can only hope would i rather have the better ball thrower yes..but 1 thing for sure tomorrow at 8:15 whoever it is, is going to have our full support

• Pie 2

40 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Yes, it’s really the case. He’s already had a 24 hr suspension for spamming. He makes stupid threads like this one where he posts the hoge clip talking about Manziel, which is him comparing Young to Manziel and saying that hoge is also correct about Young because Manziel busted (despite the fact that pretty much only the Browns wanted Manziel), and then when people point to instances of hoge completely whiffing he acts all dumb like omg I can’t believe you would talk about that in this thread where I’m trying to prop hoge up to push my narrative. He makes intentionally misleading thread titles, makes biased and inaccurate interpretations of whatever random tweet or month old mock he is using to push his narrative, doesn’t answer when it’s pointed out, then clutches his pearls and plays the victim. He spams poo emojis on Juan just for posting a report with no commentary added to it, or in threads where people are just talking about data, and rushes to make an anti-Young thread or Pro-Stroud thread anytime something he doesn’t like comes out, using whatever flimsy bs he can to push his narrative, as if it’s his job to force everybody to his point of view. It has nothing to do with what player he does and doesn’t want. 

6 hours ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

For reference his thoughts on Johnny Football Manziel coming out when he was thought to be a surefire prospect..

To each his own but personality I have never been a fan of Merril Hoge, or had much confidence in his views

It’s hard to support one of these guys over the other without crapping on one guy. I think they’re both excellent talents. Bryce, to me, has a leg up in anticipation of routes opening up and throwing to spots. He also knows his arm very well. Not to make every thread about Cam, but one thing that always struck me about him was that his processing wasn’t up to the challenge and he would abuse that arm strength to get balls out that his targets had very little hope on. He wasn’t a catchable QB. Bryce has enough fastball to change speeds as the play calls for it because his processing is way way up there. Another level than Stroud. 

There’s a reason why scouts want Bryce despite his height. His ball placement and decision making are elite top of the draft historic qualities that we’ve talked about with other 1st overall talents. He’s been on the radar so long that teams have tried to pick his game apart and that is common. To me he stands up to all of the detractors. CJ will also be a good player. I just think Bryce has elite potential where CJ is somewhat capped on upside. 

On 4/26/2023 at 10:20 PM, The Lobo said:

Difference is we have A more competent staff and GM now than we did then. If cam had this staff and front office…there’d be no doubt he’d still be playing and would be a HOFer without question. 

I couldn’t agree more with that statement 

• Pie 1