• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More NFL News

Mr. Scot

On 5/31/2023 at 9:16 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

The guy spends most of his time trying to act like an agent or the president of the NFLPA.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/06/22/nfl-players-association-expects-to-have-a-new-executive-director-by-june-29/

Written like a guy who legit went for it and is butthurt he wasn't even considered.

On 6/22/2023 at 1:35 PM, ladypanther said:

Aaron Rodgers speaks about psychedelics and how it 'unlocked that whole world' for him

Rodgers described taking ayahuasca with his teammates as “radically life-changing,” and claimed many other pro athletes have reached out to him.

“I found a deeper self love,” said Rodgers of his ayahuasca experience. “It unlocked that whole world of what I’m really here to do is to connect, to connect with those guys, and to make those bonds and to inspire people.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/aaron-rodgers-speaks-psychedelics-unlocked-whole-world-rcna90574

Should the NFL be looking into this?

An ayahuasca trip lasts around five hours, per Araujo, the first 30 minutes marked by a feeling of calm or sleepiness before the psychedelic effects kick in.

The most prominent effect is visions.

“In ayahuasca, the visions, most of the time, come with your eyes closed,” Araujo said. “Very intense with very different natures and contexts. It can vary from geometric images to a conversation with someone that you know. … A lot of times people feel as if they have died, and then they are reborn from that experience.”

https://nypost.com/2023/06/23/inside-how-aaron-rodgers-favorite-psychedelic-drug-works-its-wonders/

So..how many kids and unstable people are going to try this because Rogers said it is wonderful.  And what could go wrong during a 5 hour trip where you feel like you have died?  What if they are already taking something else or are on medication?

IMO this is reckless and dangerous and could lead to tragedy if the wrong person tries it.  Rogers should just keep this sh#t to himself.

And oh, by the way NFL....

Psychedelics are illegal at the federal level.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37899000/aaron-rodgers-pushes-acceptance-psychedelics-conference

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Should the NFL be looking into this?

An ayahuasca trip lasts around five hours, per Araujo, the first 30 minutes marked by a feeling of calm or sleepiness before the psychedelic effects kick in.

The most prominent effect is visions.

“In ayahuasca, the visions, most of the time, come with your eyes closed,” Araujo said. “Very intense with very different natures and contexts. It can vary from geometric images to a conversation with someone that you know. … A lot of times people feel as if they have died, and then they are reborn from that experience.”

https://nypost.com/2023/06/23/inside-how-aaron-rodgers-favorite-psychedelic-drug-works-its-wonders/

So..how many kids and unstable people are going to try this because Rogers said it is wonderful.  And what could go wrong during a 5 hour trip where you feel like you have died?  What if they are already taking something else or are on medication?

IMO this is reckless and dangerous and could lead to tragedy if the wrong person tries it.  Rogers should just keep this sh#t to himself.

And oh, by the way NFL....

Psychedelics are illegal at the federal level.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37899000/aaron-rodgers-pushes-acceptance-psychedelics-conference

Gonna be honest here...

Anyone who hasn't had a full blown psychedelic experience is missing out on a lot. The research going into psilocybin right now are really eye opening. 

Yeah, the NFL should be looking into it. But not for the reasons that you're suggesting.

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Gonna be honest here...

Anyone who hasn't had a full blown psychedelic experience is missing out on a lot. The research going into psilocybin right now are really eye opening. 

Yeah, the NFL should be looking into it. But not for the reasons that you're suggesting.

I did  mushrooms back in college. I wouldn't want that experience now but it was something that I am not sorry I did. It opened my mind to other possibilities/realities.

• Pie 5

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

between the pats, browns, and panthers... i  think panthers are the only ones trending upward.

Why not the Browns? That defense is still tremendous and Watson is going to get a full year this year to show production. They have a very strong oline and arguably the best RB in the league.

22 minutes ago, rayzor said:

between the pats, browns, and panthers... i  think panthers are the only ones trending upward.

Depends on what Hopkins truly thinks of Watson but I could see the Browns being sleeper contenders for this year. And the Patriots are always solid. We are trending up but I think the Browns are more ready now.

19 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Depends on what Hopkins truly thinks of Watson but I could see the Browns being sleeper contenders for this year. And the Patriots are always solid. We are trending up but I think the Browns are more ready now.

The Pats are always solid but I can't see being excited by Mac Jones as a WR.

• Pie 2