• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

week 1

ericr0319

any guesses? Does Houston seems like the obvious choice for Young v Stroud. 

I remember the NFL doing this for Winston v Marriota. 

The schedule for us I think is very important this year. Praying for a weak first 4 games to get this offense to click. would love to see it start - hou, tb, atl, tenn/ind

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

that actually could very well be the matchup. makes sense. almost too perfect.

primetime game maybe?

would be a home game for us as well. 

i doubt they would put it primetime. with all the moving parts - KC gonna be Thursday. Rodgers in NY is a lock to be SNF. 1 of the 2 MNF would be cool though - NFL would be smart to feature young talent. give them the Herbstreet crew on MNF that really knows CFB.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

If Richardson is starting week1.... then we missed on our pick.... or Irsay got involved with the depth chart.

I dunno, I think Richardson could actually fit what the Colts would want to do going forward really well. That staff has experience working the Jalen Hurts in the offense. Richardson isn’t an elite passer but he IS an elite runner and so is Johnathan Taylor.

Everyone said that Richardson has arguably the highest ceiling but the lowest floor. I disagree. I think his floor is actually pretty high. His running ability makes him a problem immediately in the right offense on a run heavy team. If he can even throw the ball decently, he could start week one and be a real problem 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

If Richardson is starting week1.... then we missed on our pick.... or Irsay got involved with the depth chart.

Irsay is involved:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/36322587/colts-say-qb-anthony-richardson-improve-playing

"I know that's one of the primary reasons why you start [him] opening game is because it gets better by playing," Irsay said. "That's the biggest benefit from it. And at the same time, I have to say, the fans have to have patience. Because it's hard. We'll see what happens, and he can surprise a lot of people.

"But it is tough. It's tough, but it's the way to go."

Edited by ECHornet

16 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Theoretically it’s possible that we and/or the Texans decide to bring our rookie QB along slowly and start the vet Week 1. That would potentially make this an incredibly lackluster season opener, so I’m not sure they’ll take that risk.

I think one reason why we signed Dalton is so we can sit young if he isn’t ready. Hopefully that doesn’t happen though.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

I think one reason why we signed Dalton is so we can sit young if he isn’t ready. Hopefully that doesn’t happen though.

That's why I feel the Colts are the safe bet for Week 1.

If Young and/or Richardson aren't named Week 1 starters, the NFL still has the Colts vs. Reich storyline.

15 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

I see no chance this happens. We brought in Dalton because you need a competent back up in the NFL. We pay him next to nothing. He knows how to run an offense. He can help Bryce young on the sidelines when the defense is on the field. Help communicate the plays. Dalton is there more than to be on the field. 

6 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

That's why I feel the Colts are the safe bet for Week 1.

If Young and/or Richardson aren't named Week 1 starters, the NFL still has the Colts vs. Reich storyline.

I'm not sure the "spurned coach" storyline has enough broad appeal to the casual NFL fan.  I'd consider myself a fairly hardcore NFL fan and I'm not sure I could even name half the head coaches in the league, let alone know much in the way of storylines about any coach outside of my own team.  I don't think fans of the other 30 NFL teams could care any less about a Reich "revenge game", ha.

Just now, MasterAwesome said:

I'm not sure the "spurned coach" storyline has enough broad appeal to the casual NFL fan.  I'd consider myself a fairly hardcore NFL fan and I'm not sure I could even name half the head coaches in the league, let alone know much in the way of storylines about any coach outside of my own team.  I don't think fans of the other 30 NFL teams could care any less about a Reich "revenge game", ha.

The NFL tries to create matchups week 1 that best incorporate drama from last year or the offseason. What other match up would be better? Some have mentioned the Texans which I can see. That's pretty much it.