• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Potential $1.2B Panthers stadium renovation discussion

Lame Duck

47 minutes ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

Who said I’m fine with it.

The snarky tone of your response sure hinted at you being fine with it enough.

48 minutes ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

it’s a reality.  You can choose to accept it or not.  

So, people should just accept it because that is the it's done now instead of wanting a change for the better that benefits everyone instead of a greedy billionaire?

1 hour ago, jayboogieman said:

The snarky tone of your response sure hinted at you being fine with it enough.

So, people should just accept it because that is the it's done now instead of wanting a change for the better that benefits everyone instead of a greedy billionaire?

If I remember correctly,  I suggested you write your legislator. 

A legislator is someone who can create a shift in policy.  I would imagine that's what you mean by change. 

Edited by Ocpanthertew714
added more info so University of Phoenix alum could understand.

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

the country worships and serves the rich and grovels for crumbs from the table....and we should be grateful when some of the crumbs trickle down to us. but if they don't...serves us right for not being as awesome and rich as the billionaire gods.

Side note.  Have you seen the series Altered Carbon?  If not, you should. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

Don’t piss and moan at me

be proactive and write your legislators 

If not, then you’re not part of the solution 

Many of our elected legislators sit on Twitter all hours of the day and evening wasting keystrokes on nonsense and blocking their constituents. The current american political process overall is joke status. It's ridiculous to put the onus on average citizens to make sure billionaires are not treating American government dollars like their own personal piggy bank. If you want to carry water for billionaires it is within your rights but just own it if that's what you're going to do.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

21 minutes ago, frankw said:

Many of our elected legislators sit on Twitter all hours of the day and evening wasting keystrokes on nonsense and blocking their constituents. The current american political process overall is joke status. It's ridiculous to put the onus on average citizens to make sure billionaires are not treating American government dollars like their own personal piggy bank. If you want to carry water for billionaires it is within your rights but just own it if that's what you're going to do.

we don't stand a chance against $$$$$. send letters, emails, tweets, call them, whatever...they don't look at that stuff. they hire people to "take care" of it so they don't have to. 

both parties have one goal...load up on cash and stuff the election war chests. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

we don't stand a chance against $$$$$. send letters, emails, tweets, call them, whatever...they don't look at that stuff. they hire people to "take care" of it so they don't have to. 

both parties have one goal...load up on cash and stuff the election war chests. 

See. You understand reality and that was my point.

someone mentioned wanting change and “ I shouldn’t accept the way it is” blah blah blah

well you can start with a letter

quite a frivolous quest indeed, but nonetheless it may do more than trying to make accusatory statements on how I’m conspiring with billionaires to take away money that could have been used for the greater good and remodel the piggly wiggly. 

3 hours ago, frankw said:

Many of our elected legislators sit on Twitter all hours of the day and evening wasting keystrokes on nonsense and blocking their constituents.

So it's in the realm of possibility that our small voices could be heard? 

The current american political process overall is joke status. It's ridiculous to put the onus on average citizens to make sure billionaires are not treating American government dollars like their own personal piggy bank.

I made a suggestion for the route if someone really wanted to make the effort as opposed to complaining about how things are and the way they believe things ought to be.  

If you want to carry water for billionaires it is within your rights but just own it if that's what you're going to do.

I mean... I am going to assume you've made purchases before, and I'd be willing to bet some of those purchases cam from stores who've made a few people billionaires.  We all have a hand in it whether you choose to agree or not, but it is what it is. It's unfortunate, but I don't think I need to remind anyone the US is the epitome of a mixed economy.  

Independence Day Usa GIF by Justin