• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

If it is Scoot, I wouldn’t write off the Hornets shipping him somewhere else. If it’s Miller I think they’ll keep him but if it’s Scoot, he could be traded.

Scoot is who teams want to trade up for and Mitch himself said that if a trade comes then it’ll be after the selection but that he doesn’t foresee us not making the pick.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

If it is Scoot, I wouldn’t write off the Hornets shipping him somewhere else. If it’s Miller I think they’ll keep him but if it’s Scoot, he could be traded.

Scoot is who teams want to trade up for and Mitch himself said that if a trade comes then it’ll be after the selection but that he doesn’t foresee us not making the pick.

unless the nba changed the rules the pick has to come first even if we had an agreed upon trade in place

13 minutes ago, t96 said:

unless the nba changed the rules the pick has to come first even if we had an agreed upon trade in place

I don’t know all the ends and outs of that. Is that just if a player is involved? Cause I remember back in 2017 the Sixers traded up with the Celtics for number one and the pick was announced as the Sixers pick but the only thing that was traded was picks, players weren’t involved.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

8 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I don’t know all the ends and outs of that. Is that just if a player is involved? Cause I remember back in 2017 the Sixers traded up with the Celtics for number one and the pick was announced as the Sixers pick but the only thing that was traded was picks, players weren’t involved.

I'm not sure the specifics but wasn't that trade pre-draft? I can't think of a draft night trade involving picks where the pick was traded and the new team made the selection. It's always the original team making the selection for the new team basically then trading the player.

6 minutes ago, t96 said:

I'm not sure the specifics but wasn't that trade pre-draft? I can't think of a draft night trade involving picks where the pick was traded and the new team made the selection. It's always the original team making the selection for the new team basically then trading the player.

Yes that deal was made a few days before draft.

Lets hope we don't pull a Kobe trade again. 

19 minutes ago, t96 said:

Yeah that was pre-draft but what I meant by original post was that from what Mitch is saying, it sounds like we’ll pick regardless and if a trade comes it’ll come after the draft not even during the draft.

In my personal opinion, I’d think that if Scoot is the pick then that means the pick could be flipped later but not that it 100% will be. This is just my opinion due to all the chatter around teams wanting to trade up for Scoot. I guess what I’m thinking is that if Scoot is the pick then we won’t know until later if he’s really staying in Charlotte.

If Miller is the pick then I definitely think we’re holding on to him because I don’t think a whole bunch of teams are lining up to trade for him.