• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh McCown ‘having a blast’ in first NFL coaching job

ladypanther

3 hours ago, ladypanther said:

I am thinking it will not take him long to be an OC...hopefully he does not get poached before the Panthers have an opening.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if he's someone who won't be an OC, he'll be our QB coach and end up leaving directly for a HC job.

If we lose Brown soon, our next OC will be Deuce unless he's also gotten a HC job already.  So odds are, that's at least 3 years if not more until our OC job would be open for him.

Sure, a perfect opportunity could open up for McCown to be an OC, but I think it will be hard to top the opportunity to turn Bryce into a top end QB in this league.  If he does that, particularly with all the size concerns over him, it will be enough to get him a HC job without being an OC first.

So I don't think he's leaving for any old OC job, would need to be a perfect opportunity, other than that, I think he's here as our QB coach for a few years and then gets a HC job.

15 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Impressive presser.  

It was,,   and so different that  "  IIWII "  comments we've gotten from a coach..  of course this type of a presser  could change when they're throwing live balls in a game.  And we probably won't hear as much from Josh,,  good to hear him today though

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

I actually wouldn't be surprised if he's someone who won't be an OC, he'll be our QB coach and end up leaving directly for a HC job.

i see this as a very solid possibility, actually both for him and Duce. I don't really see either being an OC.