• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Panthers ECF game 2 Saturday 8pm

The Canes are playing hard, but here's my issue with them:  their turnovers in the neutral zone and way too many passes when shots are there and then shooting when a Panther is right in front of them and they get it blocked.  Aho, Turbo, Necas (a huge offender of not shooting enough), Jarvis and Burns have all done this. 

The neutral zone turnovers are the entire team.  It's been terrible and it has hurt us. 

I think we need more solid net front presence and pepper Bob with shots.  Shoot the dang puck when the shot it there, pretty don't win hockey games.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Rocky Davis said:

The Canes are playing hard, but here's my issue with them:  their turnovers in the neutral zone and way too many passes when shots are there and then shooting when a Panther is right in front of them and they get it blocked.  Aho, Turbo, Necas (a huge offender of not shooting enough), Jarvis and Burns have all done this. 

The neutral zone turnovers are the entire team.  It's been terrible and it has hurt us. 

I think we need more solid net front presence and pepper Bob with shots.  Shoot the dang puck when the shot it there, pretty don't win hockey games.

Good points. Throw in lazy cross court passes easily intercepted as well.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

If It had been a goal on a Canes PP in OT we would be talking about how Raanta was locked in.  A penalty and blown defense is what did us in.

Were back to where we usually are with the injuries, having trouble scoring. Devils style of play allowed us to score tons but was a little false hope.

Yeah, the Devils don't play as "heavy" as Florida does, but they didn't put up 112 points for nothing.  They play a style that allowed us to really impose our will and are young.  They still were a good team. 

Agree that our scoring has disappeared at the worst time possible, but I do give credit to Bob and Florida's style of play.  It's a tougher road to hoe.  I think we need to shoot, shoot again, and shoot some more.  We are going to have to start scoring those dirty, scramble goals and that hasn't happened.  If that starts happening we can get back into this. 

#LetsGoCanes

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

39 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Fug me, I left out Jarvis and Noesen

So

Svech - Aho - Patches

Turbo - KK - Necas

Marty - Staal - Fast

Noesen - Stastny - Jarvis

Kase rotating in.

That’s a massive difference in what we have now. I don’t see how any team could overcome losing two first liners.

Jarvis would have been with the aho line. He and Aho play well together. Maybe necas as 2c with patches while kk goes down to 4th c.

Yeah, injuries suck but they happen. The foolish thing was not trying to improve our team at the trade deadline. This is what we deserve for having a cheap ass owner/gm.

It sucks because we are bordering on the Carolina Panthers level of play before our super bowl. Good enough to keep making the playoffs, but not good enough to win it 😞

Ok had a night to think on the game. Here are my thoughts with a clear head. 

Both teams are DEAD even with talent. As evidence that both have gone to OT.   Florida has gotten the two extra bounces when ours has not. If we had Max and Svech, that nod goes to us.  But they don’t.  

Our big gun has made plays but we do need AHO to score. The difference is Tkachuk HAS scored. Twice.  

Turbo is either on the wrong line or just doesn’t have it anymore. You pick. 

goalie play. Pretty much even. All three have played ALL world. No complaints. 

sometimes, adversity breads character. We really haven’t faced it yet. Florida is 8-0 on the road in the playoffs this year. WOW! however, they are 2-3 at home. THAT is our window. This is a cup team boys. Whether they make it or not. I know rod will have them playing hard. Have faith. Keep the faith and let’s keep cheering for our boys. 

• Flames 1