• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Panthers ECF game 2 Saturday 8pm

37 minutes ago, lightsout said:

I am going to put it to people this way regarding Bobrovsky. I'm a goalie guy. I love good goalies. I am decently well-informed guy who came into the game as a teen and didn't touch ice with a stick until my mid twenties.

Bobrovsky is nothing less than elite. By the third period tonight, I'll expect for some "ok his blocker is really goddamn good" posts in here because the disrespect of Bob is just blowing my mind.

Butterfly goalies drop. By design, this opens the shelf. It's a style of play to force you to go high, where they can then focus as their pads eliminate the lower portion of the net. Much in the way a defensemen takes away the pass on odd man rushes so the goalie can focus on the shot.

It's way harder to get precise lift than to keep it low and hard. Hence why so many shots sail over the net or hit the crossbar.

There’s also a difference between an elite goalie and a goalie on a heater. Unfortunately for us, Bob is both right now. 

• Beer 2

13 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I don’t know why but thinking about this game I am getting a similar nervous feeling I got right before Super Bowl 50. 
Please let that feeling be wrong. 

I have the same anxious feelings but they will pass.

4 hours ago, lightsout said:

I am going to put it to people this way regarding Bobrovsky. I'm a goalie guy. I love good goalies. I am decently well-informed guy who came into the game as a teen and didn't touch ice with a stick until my mid twenties.

Bobrovsky is nothing less than elite. By the third period tonight, I'll expect for some "ok his blocker is really goddamn good" posts in here because the disrespect of Bob is just blowing my mind.

Butterfly goalies drop. By design, this opens the shelf. It's a style of play to force you to go high, where they can then focus as their pads eliminate the lower portion of the net. Much in the way a defensemen takes away the pass on odd man rushes so the goalie can focus on the shot.

It's way harder to get precise lift than to keep it low and hard. Hence why so many shots sail over the net or hit the crossbar.

Good description of Bobs style of play.

No one argues that Bob isn’t an excellent goalie. Elite he’s not. Look at his regular season stats for this season.

A4BBB98A-BB22-49BE-A814-975FEBD32BF4.thumb.jpeg.3ac2c85a59f937e2a960b0cb04911e36.jpeg

Edited by DavidEng
  • Pie 1

6 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Makes sense, definitely spell Stepan it at all possible. 

This gives me hope for something that resembles the best lineup I’ve seen out there, the game 4& 5 lineups that beat the devils. Would rather we let Turbo have more time to get back up to par with more practices, and depending on how Freddie is feeling play Raanta if needed. 

Here’s the lineups we had for May 9 and 11 that ended the devils season:

D3C007B5-832C-4BD1-8C37-36B56B869A56.thumb.jpeg.1e6705c1041560615506ff9eb7d24d7f.jpeg

Edited by DavidEng

19 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I think Stastny comes out. If I’m not mistaken he didn’t record a single shot last game and there was a point in the first overtime that he had goose eggs across the board… didn’t even have a hit.

Who has even practiced at center that would replace him?

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Both Drury and Stepan are natural centers that can play wing.

That’s good to know, but I would think they would want to practice with them at the center position on a line they would play with. Haven’t heard of that happening but not sure.

Edited by DavidEng