• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Scouted Frank Reich pre-draft

rayzor

3 hours ago, ladypanther said:

He is a QB and the #1 overall pick.  How often does that happen for a team? ....Well at least for most teams. What do you expect?  It is all we have at this point.  Hope, joy, and dreams of glory.

And that's absolutely 100% ok and completely understandable. It's totally appropriate to feel like that.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

4 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

THIS KID. OMGAH. SO...IMPRESSIVE! JUST EVERYTHING IS SO GOOD. WOW!

Man, people drooling over this guy more than any other player I can remember and he literally has not done poo yet. Nothing. Nadda. Zilch. Can we at least wait until Preseason before we have enough drool to fill up the fuging Pacific Ocean? It's nauseating. 

Being controversial and a contrarian does not make you cool. It only makes you annoying,

2 hours ago, KSpan said:

Y'all sunshiners are quite sensitive. No one even said anything negative, just that this is a lot of conclusion-jumping based on a single soundbyte.

A single soundbite? We've heard nothing but praise from day 1 at Rookie Camp. Where you been?

• Pie 1

At this point what else is there to talk about besides being excited about Bryce Young?  It’s like the most boring part of the year to be a football fan.

Bryce Young is the most exciting thing to happen to the Panthers since Cam Newton was drafted more than a decade ago.  People should be excited.  This type of thing does not happen often or even ever for teams.

We have the rest of his career to come back down to earth, but now is the time for unrestricted excitement.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

I actually heard Bryce Young put in an offer to buy the Panthers but rescinded it before he got to Alabama because he needed to focus on school. From there, Tepper consulted with Bryce on his analysis of the parameters of an offer.

You can whine and complain all you want, but at the end of the day Bryce Young is our QB. I want nothing but success for the man. Keep Pounding!

4 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

Being controversial and a contrarian does not make you cool. It only makes you annoying,

A single soundbite? We've heard nothing but praise from day 1 at Rookie Camp. Where you been?

About 'scouting' Reich, the specific topic of this thread? Yes, that's a single soundbyte.

And come on, man... it's OTAs/camp. It's fine to be happy he's here but it's glorified walkthrough. Dude has literally zero actual NFL action yet and some folks are talking like he's already showing All-Pro on field. It's just way out of proportion to the reality. Positive, sure, but next to nothing in actual football scale.

Edited by KSpan

6 hours ago, rayzor said:

Seriously? All he ever posts in here is negative poo about either Young or fans who are excited  about him, which that absolutely was.

Seems like posters like @CPcavedwellerare the sensitive ones having a cow over actual fans being excited over the our new QB who is impressing the hell out of everyone except for a few of you.

I seriously don't see why any of you feel necessary to try and tell anydamnbody to not be excited and settle down.

And yes, this kind of poo is seriously pissing me off. At least you contribute to other conversations in here. People like who I was responding to only seem to interject anything at all in here when it's about Young either criticizing the pick or people excited about him and at this point it's just being a negative ass troll.

I'm not telling anyone not to be excited and totally understand that Young could deliver us out of QB purgatory. It's just over the top with the annointing and playoff planning (and other similar takes) in early June... dude is a rookie that will play like every other rookie at times and there are still large, notable question marks across the roster. It's a very reasonable opinion to have and, while I agree that legit trolls are obnoxious, it's silly to be mad at folks who bring a more reserved, non-trolling viewpoint.

8 hours ago, KSpan said:

I'm not telling anyone not to be excited and totally understand that Young could deliver us out of QB purgatory. It's just over the top with the annointing and playoff planning (and other similar takes) in early June... dude is a rookie that will play like every other rookie at times and there are still large, notable question marks across the roster. It's a very reasonable opinion to have and, while I agree that legit trolls are obnoxious, it's silly to be mad at folks who bring a more reserved, non-trolling viewpoint.

over the top according to who, exactly? Is there some board that decides what is acceptable excitement for a rookie?

If we want to crown his ass, we'll crown it.... without anyone's approval, thank you. 

and those who bring a "reserved, non-trolling" viewpoint, they feel it necessary to tell others to tap the brakes or whatever. To that i say, what business it of yours to tell others to not be so excited? that it's unreasonable to be so excited about a rookie. 

for the first time in quite a few years most fans are legit excited about what we just got as far as a new awesome coaching staff and a new stud rookie QB (yes, all excited opinions held by many excited fans)...why the hell is that a problem? is it too early for you and a few other "reasonable" fans? who the fug cares? who is telling you all to get excited or how to be a good fan? No. Body. If they/we are just setting ourselves up for disappointment, again, why does that matter to any of the "reserved" and "reasonable" fans? We'll live. We'll bitch, but we'll live. But for the moment, we're jizzed, and that's totally fine. 

Again, no one is telling any of you "reserved" and "reasonable" fans how to be fan, but I see pity coming towards you "reserved" and "reasonable" fans for not being excited and missing out on a great moment to actually celebrate the future of the franchise. 

if you "reserved" and "reasonable" fans don't want to join the party, you don't have to. Just stay out in the car and let the kids have their damn fun.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

8 minutes ago, rayzor said:

over the top according to who, exactly? Is there some board that decides what is acceptable excitement for a rookie?

If we want to crown his ass, we'll crown it.... without anyone's approval, thank you. 

and those who bring a "reserved, non-trolling" viewpoint, they feel it necessary to tell others to tap the brakes or whatever. To that i say, what business it of yours to tell others to not be so excited? that it's unreasonable to be so excited about a rookie. 

for the first time in quite a few years most fans are legit excited about what we just got as far as a new awesome coaching staff and a new stud rookie QB (yes, all excited opinions held by many excited fans)...why the hell is that a problem? is it too early for you and a few other "reasonable" fans? who the fug cares? who is telling you all to get excited or how to be a good fan? No. Body. If they/we are just setting ourselves up for disappointment, again, why does that matter to any of the "reserved" and "reasonable" fans? We'll live. We'll bitch, but we'll live. But for the moment, we're jizzed, and that's totally fine. 

Again, no one is telling any of you "reserved" and "reasonable" fans how to be fan, but I see pity coming towards you "reserved" and "reasonable" fans for not being excited and missing out on a great moment to actually celebrate the future of the franchise. 

if you "reserved" and "reasonable" fans don't want to join the party, you don't have to. Just stay out in the car and let the kids have their damn fun.

Sorry man, but your double-standard here is brazen. You can tell us to get out of the way but we can't share our non-trolling tempered expectations in an open forum based on the current reality that a slight-of-frame NFL rookie QB hasn't even suited up in pads yet, a head coach whose record to date is dang near the literal definition of mediocre (41-40-1), a brand new coaching staff hasn't actually coached in anything but glorified walkthroughs, and a changed team hasn't done anything real yet? That it might come together but hasn't actually done so yet in any real way?

That's just weak nonsense.

Edited by KSpan

8 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Sorry man, but your double-standard here is brazen. You can tell us to get out of the way but we can't share our non-trolling tempered expectations in an open forum based on the current reality that a slight-of-frame NFL rookie QB hasn't even suited up in pads yet, a head coach whose record to date is dang near the literal definition of mediocre (41-40-1), a brand new coaching staff hasn't actually coached in anything but glorified walkthroughs, and a changed team hasn't done anything real yet? That it might come together but hasn't actually done so yet in any real way?

That's just weak nonsense.

I didn't say anything about giving out your "tempered"  opinion on Young or whatever. I mean don't expect people to not be pissed at those "tempered", "reasonable", and "reserved" opinions getting thrown into every discussion between "unreasonable" fans who are, again, excited about Young. And also again, who the fug cares if we are so excited? It may not make sense to you, but...newsflash...it doesn't have to. 

You all hold a very unpopular and even unwanted opinion about Young, so don't expect it to be received any better than you all might receive our brazen excitement and constant glowing and beaming about our new QB. 

btw, i guess according to you we're all unreasonable and just not thinking rationally and logically...kind of an insult there, but hey, we're fans which is short for fanatic so i'm not sure what you expect.

We're excited about this QB. We're excited about this coaching staff. If you don't want to get pooed on for voicing a very unpopular opinion among those of us who are really excited, then like i said. Stay in the car while we party. if you are fine catching poo for trying to burst our bubble, then have at it. Just don't say you weren't warned that it would happen.

39 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I didn't say anything about giving out your "tempered"  opinion on Young or whatever. I mean don't expect people to not be pissed at those "tempered", "reasonable", and "reserved" opinions getting thrown into every discussion between "unreasonable" fans who are, again, excited about Young. And also again, who the fug cares if we are so excited? It may not make sense to you, but...newsflash...it doesn't have to. 

You all hold a very unpopular and even unwanted opinion about Young, so don't expect it to be received any better than you all might receive our brazen excitement and constant glowing and beaming about our new QB. 

btw, i guess according to you we're all unreasonable and just not thinking rationally and logically...kind of an insult there, but hey, we're fans which is short for fanatic so i'm not sure what you expect.

We're excited about this QB. We're excited about this coaching staff. If you don't want to get pooed on for voicing a very unpopular opinion among those of us who are really excited, then like i said. Stay in the car while we party. if you are fine catching poo for trying to burst our bubble, then have at it. Just don't say you weren't warned that it would happen.

You're the one/ones taking it as an insult but yes, it is entirely unrealistic to entirely discount tempered expectation because you're SO SURE that this team, or ANY NFL team for that matter, will automatically be in the playoffs given a rookie QB, let alone the brand new staff with question marks/unknowns, brand new receiving corps with question marks, and a division that is also full of question marks. That's just statistical reality or rookie QBs starting entire years and doesn't even account for the rest of the factors:

98 rookie quarterbacks have started 10-plus games, and only 12 helped their team to the playoffs.

Worth noting that Lamar Jackson and Dan Marino both aren't counted since they didn't start 10 games their rookie years, but that doesn't really change it.

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/gallery/best-seasons-by-rookie-qbs-in-nfl-history/

I've been a fan since '95 and a part of this board well before the 2008 crash - I get it. I say again for the millionth time, I think it's great to be excited. There appear to be good things happening, Bryce has a lot of promise, and I fully expect next year to be big. But these constant rejections of anything isn't just kowtowing to your point of view is soft.  It's not my fault/the fault of others who see the big, reality hill facing the team and provide couter-point that folks in the starry-eyed echo chamber threads that fire up in here feel attacked. Some of these takes, such as "not making the playoffs this year is a complete failure", are just ridiculous, and this whole 'scouting Reich' thing was literally a 3-second comment with zero substance. Being as excited as you want to be doesn't change the reality and doesn't make folks who are more tempered wrong, negative, or miserable. Constantly asserting such things, however, can be similarly insufferable, and being a part of the echo "party" doesn't make you right/more right than any other opinion. Your party might be more fun and trolls (which I am not) more likely to go away if some folks didn't clutch so needlessly to the rose-colored glasses.

@KSpan , when you are saying that these excited fans are being "unreasonable" and "unrealistic" or whatever...that is kind of demeaning. 

and it's hopes that we have, dammit. no one is saying that it's guaranteed. what kind of foolishness is that? We can see it happening. That's what we're hoping for. We feel good about it.

ahhh never mind.

go back ahead and consider yourself one of a small group of reasonable rational and reserved grownups in here.

you win.

please continue to tell us how we shouldn't be excited and maybe, just maybe we'll be as grown up in our fandom as you.  

• Beer 3