• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Name for B.O. A.?

Stuart Smith

On 6/21/2023 at 9:05 AM, weyco2000 said:

Queensryche Stadium 

Queen City word play with new HC… NM, doubt anyone knows what the hell I’m talking about.

i used to be a fan of them. never saw that, though. probably would have made me skip over later albums. that was bad. i mean even for 80s metal videos that was bad

• Beer 1

The title of this thread should be about the new sponsor..not the new name.  The name will be the sponsor.  BOA's contract runs out 2024.  I am sure there are negotiations in process with a few big businesses but ho hurry.  If the Panthers do well this season and Bryce looks like the real deal...the price/bidding will go up.

I just hope it is not something stupid like that golf tournament that became something Wastewater...

Money is king.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I wish the stadium had a stand alone name. Like in Denver they have Mile High stadium and the sponsor is the field. No one gives a fug. It's still just Mile High to everyone out there even though the team and all media outlets constantly cram the corporate sponsor down everyone's throats. It's still just Mile High.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wish the stadium had a stand alone name. Like in Denver they have Mile High stadium and the sponsor is the field. No one gives a fug. It's still just Mile High to everyone out there even though the team and all media outlets constantly cram the corporate sponsor down everyone's throats. It's still just Mile High.

It's always been like that since the corporate naming thing came into being. I think the team has insisted The Mile High name stays, regardless of any name deal. It's more common with some of the stadiums that have character and history, Lambeau, Soldier, Arrowhead.