• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 Charlotte Hornets Summer League

By far Millers best game so far on both ends. I think someone must have tried to light a fire under him as he was noticably more assertive. Alot of missed shots but still a lot better than first two games.

As for Wemby, he's going to need to bulk up and condition himself. I thought after his initial 6 minutes in the 1st he looked gassed.

Both these guys might need 2-3 years on the offensive end before their potential is realized.

I would look at Scoot ROY odds for some value if you have some fun money. 

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Here are the highlights.  Announcers obviously hyped Wemby up early-on but Miller more than held his own, probably won the head to head. His D was pretty nice on the 7-3 dude. Wemby got some highlight blocks.

Highlights

5:47 is where the Spurs GM is on camera gushing over Wemby.  And then Kai Jones absolutely posterizes Wemby while the GM’s talking lol.

And then right after that, Brandon Miller gets a steal and a nasty fast-break tomahawk in traffic. 

Wemby actually made a 4-point play tonight (highly questionable foul call against Kai IMO), and finished with 9 total points for the game.  5 points outside of that one play.  And he played big/key minutes.

Generational talent until the next one next year.

I like the kid’s upside, but even Zion dominated instantly.

41 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Wemby actually made a 4-point play tonight (highly questionable foul call against Kai IMO), and finished with 9 total points for the game.  5 points outside of that one play.  And he played big/key minutes.

Generational talent until the next one next year.

I like the kid’s upside, but even Zion dominated instantly.

To be fair I think Zion's skillset translated a lot easier/quicker to the NBA game versus Wemby. Zion was a man among boys and frankly still is near the basket.

It's going to take some time for Wemby to learn how to manipulate the game using his size and handles. He will flash moments of brilliance this year, but ultimately needs to get stronger. He's also with a franchise that understand talent development. If he was a Hornet his ceiling would be Bol Bol. 

• Pie 3

The problem with Wemby is he can't bulk up or he highly increases the chance of season-ending injuries. 7'3" frame can't support being bulky.  He has great passing and Iso plays but I think he will get bullied under the rim in the NBA.

Edited by Cam Lawter

7 minutes ago, Cam Lawter said:

The problem with Wemby is he can't bulk up or he highly increases the chance of season-ending injuries. 7'3" frame can't support being bulky.  He has great passing and Iso plays but I think he will get bullied under the rim in the NBA.

He got bullied under the rim by Brandon Miller who people on here say is too small right now lmao

He looked like a 12 year old boy standing next to Nnaji, who by the way is no way in hell this dude is 18

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Cam Lawter said:

I don't think he could put on enough to cause concern even if he wanted to. He's built more like KD and Bol than Giannis and Steph.

Overall, that was some of the worst basketball I’ve ever seen. Besides 3 players (Miller, Jones, Bailey) the rest were throwing bricks and dribble driving like the And 1 mixtape tour. 

were we being coached by John Calipari? I was confused as to what we were doing on both ends of the court. 

If I were the Spurs I would be very concerned about Wemby. I'm not even talking about his skills.

It was the movement on the court that concerned me. Dude couldn't stay on his feet vs Brandon Miller. He seriously needs to put on some weight if he wants to last in this league. Imagine LeBron coming at him full speed. Not sure why the media over hyped him but he's not a sure thing like everyone seems to think.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

If I were the Spurs I would be very concerned about Wemby. I'm not even talking about his skills.

It was the movement on the court that concerned me. Dude couldn't stay on his feet vs Brandon Miller. He seriously needs to put on some weight if he wants to last in this league. Imagine LeBron coming at him full speed. Not sure why the media over hyped him but he's not a sure thing like everyone seems to think.

He’s just an awkward player.  He looks like Gumby trying to drive to the basket.  He’s not strong enough to play like a big.  He plays more like a giant small forward than a center.