• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Burns ranked #7 edge rusher in league by NFL execs, coaches, and scouts

thunderraiden

On 7/10/2023 at 11:29 AM, thunderraiden said:

Bosa was ranked #1. I always try to remind folks, Brian Burns has never had a consistent offense to play off of in his entire career, save the end of last year where he thrived. There is a reason he is worth 2 #1 picks plus more, a lot of you can't see it because our schemes have sucked, he has had no compliment on the other end, and we rarely played with a big lead for him to exploit.

"Brian Burns has never had a consistent offense to play off of in his entire career, save the end of last year where he thrived. "

Consistent offense? Damn use consistent special teams as a better excuse then. As for the end of last year, well i don't know what games you were watching but dude was absent when it mattered most. He does not deserve a contract and better show out in this 3-4 this year. If not, bye bye and we'll draft one next year. Everyone talks about running backs being a revolving door but what they don't talk about is DE being a revolving door too.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, KSpan said:

Defense of the word 'hater' followed by a claim of 'strong dislike' when literally no one has said they don't like Burns... you're already showing your own bias. Other posts including some of my own have already addressed all of this.

Not defending the word hater. I'm defending burns. You obviously missed the context. Those advocating to trade burns think the trade value was greater than the value of Burns himself. And in my biased opinion, I disagree. That's the point of a debate on a topic isn't it?

• Beer 1

53 minutes ago, Diehardpanth02 said:

Not defending the word hater. I'm defending burns. You obviously missed the context. Those advocating to trade burns think the trade value was greater than the value of Burns himself. And in my biased opinion, I disagree. That's the point of a debate on a topic isn't it?

You own post:

"A hater isn't a useless word, it's trendy, or another way of saying cynic or a doubter. Some who has a strong dislike towards someone or something. And I think you should admit that, at least, you don't believe in burns as a long term option."

At no point have I ever said I dislike Burns or "don't believe in him as a long term option", though I'm not sure what that second part ever really means. It is entirely possible to think that the trade would yield more value than Bruns does himself while still also recognizing that Burns is a pretty good player overall, which is exactly what I and others have said. There is no hate/cynicism/insert dramatic term here, just an assessment on what may have yielded even better long-term value to th team than he himself as a player does. Nothing derogatroy or disbelieving about it.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

You own post:

"A hater isn't a useless word, it's trendy, or another way of saying cynic or a doubter. Some who has a strong dislike towards someone or something. And I think you should admit that, at least, you don't believe in burns as a long term option."

At no point have I ever said I dislike Burns or "don't believe in him as a long term option", though I'm not sure what that second part ever really means. It is entirely possible to think that the trade would yield more value than Bruns does himself while still also recognizing that Burns is a pretty good player overall, which is exactly what I and others have said. There is no hate/cynicism/insert dramatic term here, just an assessment on what may have yielded even better long-term value to th team than he himself as a player does. Nothing derogatroy or disbelieving about it.

Terms like "hater" are just poor attempts to put a veil over the ad hominem fallacy.

The idea that somebody can like a player overall while acknowledging area(s) they can improve on is unthinkable to a lot of people these days.  The idea that somebody can like a player and still not be opposed to trading them is even more unthinkable.  Essentially, if you are not all-in, you are a hater. 

On the bright side, I guess it makes the world simple.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Just now, Sgt Schultz said:

Terms like "hater" are just poor attempts to put a veil over the ad hominem fallacy.

The idea that somebody can like a player overall while acknowledging area(s) they can improve on is unthinkable to a lot of people these days.  The idea that somebody can like a player and still not be opposed to trading them is even more unthinkable.  Essentially, if you are not all-in, you are a hater. 

On the bright side, I guess it makes the world simple.

My question is you call yourself a "Panthers fan" why are you hating on any of our players?

There is no such thing as a perfect player. You can point out weaknesses, but the fact remains no player in the league is perfect. 

In other words stop thinking negatively about our players. Everyone on the roster can get better. But when all you do is complain about what they are not good at you can't get mad when someone calls you a "hater".

#CamWhoaaCamTipOfTheDay

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

My question is you call yourself a "Panthers fan" why are you hating on any of our players?

There is no such thing as a perfect player. You can point out weaknesses, but the fact remains no player in the league is perfect. 

In other words stop thinking negatively about our players. Everyone on the roster can get better. But when all you do is complain about what they are not good at you can't get mad when someone calls you a "hater".

#CamWhoaaCamTipOfTheDay

But again, who is hating anybody? 

As I said earlier, if you bothered to read it, I was in favor of trading Burns to the Rams because we spent almost his entire time up until then trying to wedge a guy that looks like a 3-4 OLB into a 4-3 DE.  Now we are playing a base 3-4, so the equation is different.

It sounds like you are making another classic ad hominem argument here.  Essentially, if you have concerns or anything negative to say, you can't be a Panthers fan, so you are a hater?  Try again.

The #CamWhoaaCamTipOfTheDay should be to avoid that kind of fallacy.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

But again, who is hating anybody? 

As I said earlier, if you bothered to read it, I was in favor of trading Burns to the Rams because we spent almost his entire time up until then trying to wedge a guy that looks like a 3-4 OLB into a 4-3 DE.  Now we are playing a base 3-4, so the equation is different.

It sounds like you are making another classic ad hominem argument here.  Essentially, if you have concerns or anything negative to say, you can't be a Panthers fan, so you are a hater?  Try again.

The #CamWhoaaCamTipOfTheDay should be to avoid that kind of fallacy.

Did you even read my post?

I said "when you complain daily" about weaknesses of a particular player yes you look like a hater.

If you don't "complain daily" then im not talking to you.

Calm down bud I was talking to the people who are actually haters...

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I said "when you complain daily" about weaknesses of a particular player yes you look like a hater.

You were quoting me, so I didn't have any idea who you were talking about other than my comment.  And I'm pretty chill right now, but thanks for the concern.

Now if you want to classify me as a "hater," try approaching the topic of the good things The Process did or would have done had he only had four more years.   Although, I don't even think his mother could find much ammunition there, at least as it pertains to the NFL.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

You were quoting me, so I didn't have any idea who you were talking about other than my comment.  And I'm pretty chill right now, but thanks for the concern.

Now if you want to classify me as a "hater," try approaching the topic of the good things The Process did or would have done had he only had four more years.   Although, I don't even think his mother could find much ammunition there, at least as it pertains to the NFL.

Beers on me. Good we cleared that up.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

If a thread is active for multiple days and someone participates in the entire conversation with an opposing viewpoint, especially if they are actively being engaged by others over that time, that's not 'hating'. It's already been summed up quite well.

Edited by KSpan
  • Beer 1

21 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

He is a juvenile troll on his 3rd alias.   Ignore him

• Beer 1