• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PRIME STEVE SMITH

WarPanthers89

8 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Didn't even really get into his best shittalking moments.

"Ice up son"

"Put my momma out there and I'll beat her like a drum too"

"If I see him on the street I'll bust him in the fuging mouth"

So on and so forth.

My only problem with Smitty was he didn't embrace Cam Newton.

We could have won a lot more games early in Cam's career if he had a dependable WR like Smitty on the team. You could tell from the start Smitty didn't really vibe with Cam for whatever reason.

• Poo 3

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We could have won a lot more games early in Cam's career if he had a dependable WR like Smitty on the team. You could tell from the start Smitty didn't really vibe with Cam for whatever reason.

He's talked about it before. Cam Came in as a young guy and was kind of handed the reigns of the franchise, whereas Steve felt he had to work his ass off to earn that. He also talked about how they were just at completely different points in their lives, Cam was a young single 20's guy, Steve was an Early 30's guy with a family so there wasn't a lot of overlap in terms of interest.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Cam had him for 3 solid years, and it's not like Smith wanted to be traded.

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

He's talked about it before. Cam Came in as a young guy and was kind of handed the reigns of the franchise, whereas Steve felt he had to work his ass off to earn that. He also talked about how they were just at completely different points in their lives, Cam was a young single 20's guy, Steve was an Early 30's guy with a family so there wasn't a lot of overlap in terms of interest.

Of course the QB was going to be the face of the franchise. Cam was the #1 overall pick. Smitty was just petty in that situation. Cam wasn't going to take away from what he did for the franchise.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 4

14 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Cam had him for 3 solid years, and it's not like Smith wanted to be traded.

Yeah and Smitty was still at the top of his game. We got rid of him just when it was time for Cam to make that next leap. It was like Smitty just quit on the franchise because Cam was becoming a mega star.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 8

59 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah and Smitty was still at the top of his game. We got rid of him just when it was time for Cam to make that next leap. It was like Smitty just quit on the franchise because Cam was becoming a mega star.

The team quit on Steve, where do you think "blood and guts" came from? Also, please stop calling him Smitty if you're gonna trash him

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

That was gettleman. Not Smitty.  Smitty never quit on anything. Cam and Smitty got along fine. They just weren’t best friends or anything, hence Smitty talking about them being at different points in their lives.