• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Quarterback"...the Netflix film

ladypanther

Surprised I have not seen anyone mention this. Netflix film produced by Peyton Manning. "Quarterback follows three QBs — the Kansas City Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes, the Minnesota Vikings' Kirk Cousins, and the Atlanta Falcons' Marcus Mariota — as they progress through the 2022 NFL season."

Interesting close up look.  I watched it over the weekend.  I was impressed by the amount and type of extra training Mahomes does. Kind of insane.  His success is no accident.

Hope our young QBs...Bryce and Matt watch that.

Felt bad for Mariota.  Seems like a nice guy.

Edited by ladypanther
  • Pie 6

3 minutes ago, t96 said:

I watched most of the first episode, it's interesting but has kinda dragged a bit for me. I may continue to watch but skip through the Cousins/Mariota parts as they bore me. 

I watched it while multi-tasking...helps. (How i watch most things...lol)

3 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

I watched it while multi-tasking...helps. (How i watch most things...lol)

lol yeah me too, threw it on while working out (normally put on live sports but in the summer I don't have much of that not being a baseball fan)

I tried skimming around but lost interest pretty quickly. Manning stuff so far has come across pretty light and fluffy, like that draft QB show that was basically a commercial for Manning passing academy. I might skim around again to see if theres any Adam Thielen candid moments 

1 hour ago, t96 said:

I watched most of the first episode, it's interesting but has kinda dragged a bit for me. I may continue to watch but skip through the Cousins/Mariota parts as they bore me. 

I binge watched the entire thing.  You are right about Mariota.  There isn't a single interesting thing that you are missinig if you skip over his parts.  Cousins is a boring person but there were some interesting things that came up during his parts.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

I binge watched the entire thing.  You are right about Mariota.  There isn't a single interesting thing that you are missinig if you skip over his parts.  Cousins is a boring person but there were some interesting things that came up during his parts.

Just strange that they picked two super middle of the road vets, I guess they can only get QB's that want to deal with being filmed all season long. No one ever wants to do Hard Knocks 

59 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Just strange that they picked two super middle of the road vets, I guess they can only get QB's that want to deal with being filmed all season long. No one ever wants to do Hard Knocks 

My guess is that they wanted some variety....which they accomplished.

Im a few episodes into it and I love it.. I love sports docs in general. 

I was impressed with Kirk, he has a really cool story and IMO is one of the most under appreciated players in the league. 

Mariota... yeah he just has a boring personality. 

I like that they picked a top tier, mid tier and bubble player to follow. 

• Pie 1