• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Love from Spartanburg SiriusXM

panfanman

12 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

A veteran QB who has preformed well in previous seasons vs a rookie. A couple really good WRs vs a couple up and coming WRs, a proven top notch defense vs a good but not elite defense. A team learning a new scheme vs a team who has the scheme and fits down from the previous season. At the moment I’d say they’re clear favorites based off all of this information but that’s why the games are played on the field not on a forum. But it’s easy to see why a team with a stout D and strong offense who upgraded the QB position would be favored over all our newness we haven’t shown yet what we can be it’s not physics it’s logic don’t you think?

Again, Im not even saying the Panthers should be looked at as the favorite because you're right, we are unproven. My argument is more so that the Saints shouldn't be viewed as the "far and away" favorite to win the South like some analysts predict. I honestly think Dalton and Carr played comparable football last year so I don't believe it's a far and away upgrade at QB, but I've never been a real Derek Carr believer. And the main thing is that I don't believe in Dennis Allen as a HC or his OC. A lot of times the margin of error between wins and losses comes down to coaching and I don't believe Dennis Allen is the coach to get them where they wanna be. Great DC, not so great HC. 

• Pie 5

13 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

Again, Im not even saying the Panthers should be looked at as the favorite because you're right, we are unproven. My argument is more so that the Saints shouldn't be viewed as the "far and away" favorite to win the South like some analysts predict. I honestly think Dalton and Carr played comparable football last year so I don't believe it's a far and away upgrade at QB, but I've never been a real Derek Carr believer. And the main thing is that I don't believe in Dennis Allen as a HC or his OC. A lot of times the margin of error between wins and losses comes down to coaching and I don't believe Dennis Allen is the coach to get them where they wanna be. Great DC, not so great HC. 

Honestly from what I have seen from the Nat'l media most seem to be picking us to win the NFC South.

One of the biggest reasons why I didn't want us to sign Derek Carr. He's not a needle mover. Nobody thinks New Orleans is anything special with Carr.

2 hours ago, BlackPanther22 said:

I really wish I could understand the Saints hype or at least why people think they’re “clear” favorites. Carr is coming off a terrible season, Dennis Allen is still very unproven as a head coach, lot of turnover on their D-line and Cam Jordan is producing less as he ages, it’s odd. Not that I think the Panthers are gonna run away with the division but the Saints being like heavily favored is weird. 

D Allen isn’t “unproven.” He’s proven to suck ass. Care is an upgrade but we saw countless Carr-led Raiders teams suck, I don’t think he’ll be the savior the Aints hope he is. But until we do see Bryce in real games Carr does make the Aints the division favorite. If Bryce shows he’s the real deal early then it’s us.

• Beer 3

27 minutes ago, t96 said:

D Allen isn’t “unproven.” He’s proven to suck ass. Care is an upgrade but we saw countless Carr-led Raiders teams suck, I don’t think he’ll be the savior the Aints hope he is. But until we do see Bryce in real games Carr does make the Aints the division favorite. If Bryce shows he’s the real deal early then it’s us.

I don't even see Carr as a major upgrade over Dalton, they were ranked like 21st and 22nd last season on the league website. 

• Pie 1

Personally, I think if we rolled with Dalton we'd have the advantage in the division this year.  But I understand why they are rolling with Young.  The Panthers have laid all their chips on the table betting he is the future.  There will be growing pains though.  I don't think letting him sit behind Dalton for a year or even part of a season would change that.

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Honestly from what I have seen from the Nat'l media most seem to be picking us to win the NFC South.

One of the biggest reasons why I didn't want us to sign Derek Carr. He's not a needle mover. Nobody thinks New Orleans is anything special with Carr.

Yeah rights now we have +400 odds for us winning the division and its just insane. I mean I honestly could see a world where Falcons win division, I see no world where Dennis Allen coaches any team to the playoffs, he is just a carbon copy of Rhule but worst. But for a dead heat division at WORST where we're all tied for first come Dec 1st I still love +400 here. Its honestly insane for an even division at worst and we have the best HC and best QB.

15 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

Yeah rights now we have +400 odds for us winning the division and its just insane. I mean I honestly could see a world where Falcons win division, I see no world where Dennis Allen coaches any team to the playoffs, he is just a carbon copy of Rhule but worst. But for a dead heat division at WORST where we're all tied for first come Dec 1st I still love +400 here. Its honestly insane for an even division at worst and we have the best HC and best QB.

If they can get the falcons defense to just be average they are going to be a tough team to play because of their offense. 

17 hours ago, panfanman said:

Personally, I think if we rolled with Dalton we'd have the advantage in the division this year.  But I understand why they are rolling with Young.  The Panthers have laid all their chips on the table betting he is the future.  There will be growing pains though.  I don't think letting him sit behind Dalton for a year or even part of a season would change that.

From what I saw from Dalton last season he was pretty bad.