• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dexter McCluster

unicar15

I started taking notice of this kid last year. He is kind of a tweener RB/WR. He's extremely shifty and has great straight line speed but he isn't very bulky. He only weighs about 165lbs so between the tackles really isn't a question...I don't see him being able to fill that role.

However, he's a big time playmaker that because of his measurables could probably be had in the 4th round unless he runs something ridiculous at the combine. No matter what he does, he's not going in the top 2 rounds.

I've never seen a kid THAT SMALL dominate a game like he does. If he could put on some muscle without losing anything you could put him in a Darren Sproles type roll.

Dexter McCluster = Darren Sproles + more speed

Thats who I thought of too but I looked up Sproles and that guy is 190lbs. One thing is for sure...McCluster is going to hit the weight room HARD when he gets to the NFL.

He is actually more comparable to Desean Jackson after thinking about it. Desean is 5'10'' 175. Someone that runs a spread offense is going to get a good pick with McCluster in the 3rd round.

I'm still hoping for a McCoy/Shipley combination.

imo he will be a steal by whoever takes him this year as his size will undoubtably drop him in the draft. he is not going to likely be any more than a 3rd down back if he stays at rb (i doubt i), possible4th wr out of camp, but as a returner or some wildcat variation, his shiftiness will be coveted.

he has been ol miss' best player for 2-3 years now. he just makes plays. i want him as a wr project. he has everything you want for a return guy, and might have the best small wr to learn from in smith. idk if he plays with a chip on his shoulder like smitty, but dexter gets it done.

• 2 months later...

Archived