• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hakeem Nicks, infinitely better than Jarrett

pstall

Thats unfair- the Giants THROW the ball to Nicks....

Exactly. Did you see the two easy balls Nicks dropped before the touchdown?

Had Jarrett dropped an easy ball like that, do you honestly think they would keep going back to him? Hell, even if he made the catch, it would probably be his only target of the night.

I know most of the board disagrees with me, but I don't think Jarrett's been given a fair shake.

Exactly. Did you see the two easy balls Nicks dropped before the touchdown?

Had Jarrett dropped an easy ball like that, do you honestly think they would keep going back to him? Hell, even if he made the catch, it would probably be his only target of the night.

I know most of the board disagrees with me, but I don't think Jarrett's been given a fair shake.

See I'm torn about the fair shake. I just think he is so bad they don't even bother. A hungry, wr who can ball, would DEMAND the ball and find a way to get it.

See I'm torn about the fair shake. I just think he is so bad they don't even bother. A hungry, wr who can ball, would DEMAND the ball and find a way to get it.

To a degree I think you're right. But in a run first offense behind Steve Smith and Moose, one of the best blocking receivers in the league, do you really think they're going to target Jarrett when it comes time to throw the ball up (especially with our quarterback situation)? The answer is not often (and really with good reason).

I don't think Jarrett is the second coming of Moose or anything, but I think he's a lot better than most of the Huddle give him credit for. He seems to do what is asked of him just as much as any receiver on the team.

Thats unfair- the Giants THROW the ball to Nicks....

kinda hard to get the ball thrown to you when you can't get off the line/create separation/make cuts/run good routes but you don't understand any of that all you see is "throw ball catch ball"

Jarrett hasn't hardened into a good pro and he probably never will at this point

a lot of that is his own fault, but Richard Williamson deserves to shoulder some of that blame. we haven't been able to develop a no.2 receiving threat, or any kind of receiving threat at all in years.

kinda hard to get the ball thrown to you when you can't get off the line/create separation/make cuts/run good routes but you don't understand any of that all you see is "throw ball catch ball"
Jarrett hasn't hardened into a good pro and he probably never will at this point

a lot of that is his own fault, but Richard Williamson deserves to shoulder some of that blame. we haven't been able to develop a no.2 receiving threat, or any kind of receiving threat at all in years.

agreed with all of the above.

it's time to move forward. jarrett really looked lost today. pretty sad. he came in a blank slate and he'll leave just as blank.

sure someone else might be able to make him into a superstar but i've grown impatient. i don't care at this point. i have no problem letting him be someone else's project.

When you worry more about developing a #3 reciever into a run blocker than a legitimate pass threat, expect nearly every reciever in the leage to put up better stats than your #3 each and every year. Jarrett could have been a damn good reciever with decent coaching, unfortunately he came to Carolina. God willing, a new coaching staff will be able to repair his abilities but I don't think it's possible at this point.

To a degree I think you're right. But in a run first offense behind Steve Smith and Moose, one of the best blocking receivers in the league, do you really think they're going to target Jarrett when it comes time to throw the ball up (especially with our quarterback situation)? The answer is not often (and really with good reason).

This is why we are 5-8. We are too predictable and set in our ways.

We have four weapons total: Smith, our seldom used TEs, and Double Trouble. That's it. Double Smith, don't let the TEs beat you deep, and stack the box = beat Carolina usually. If we had a QB who could throw it a bit better, and an OC who'd plan to throw it to at least 5 targets regularly, this whole season may have been different.

If it's Jarrett's skill that keeps him on the sideline a lot, fine, cut him. If it's the system you spoke of, we need to change it ASAP.

Archived