• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Delhomme will be starting next week!!!!

Snake

No where in that article did it say Delhomme was going to start. That's like me starting a thread saying, "The Panthers sign Mike Vick!!!" when it was only a far fetched rumor.

Next time, make a more accurate thread title, like "Delhomme may practice this week, could start." The funny thing is Delhomme hasn't even started practicing yet and already you're declaring him the starter for next week?

Better?

He would have had 3 picks if they hadn't dropped easy passes. He was off all day and other than the one pass to Smith looked pretty bad. And worse of all he had no presence or sense of directing the offense in a no huddle. Honestly I would be discouraged as a defensive guy if i thought we could win even as well as they played yesterday.

I'm a little tired of hearing the "would have" argument. You guys act as if Delhomme never has any near-interceptions.

Look at some of the games we've won with Delhomme, and you'll see that it's not as a result of Delhomme leading the team down the field and directing drives. It's been a result of the running game and the defense.

In several of our wins, the coaching staff has all but refused to let Delhomme throw the ball -- compare Delhomme's game against Tampa with Moore's for proof of this.

Matt Moore is in his fifth start and, even though he didn't light it up, he played better than Delhomme has most games this year. Most importantly, he didn't directly lose the game for us. It's sad, but that's enough to impress many a Panthers fan right now. He's probably not starter-quality in the NFL, but he is without a doubt better than Jake at this point.

Could careless really. Pretty messed up for Moore if true, and its messed up for us

Everybody including Fox knows he wont be back, and this is Jake last year as a starter in his career. So instead of giving a look at the future, lets make the miserable season more miserable

Jake has had more than his fair share of dropped interceptions this year as well.

Jake Delhomme

QB Rating: 59.4

Record: 4-7

Matt Moore

QB Rating: 69.4

Record: 1-1

/thread again

David Carr had a better completion percentage when he came here but was he better? So far Moore is 1-1 but for all intents and purposes he could be 0-2. Tell me when have we had 5 turnovers committed by another team and we lost this year. When have we had even 3 turnovers and lost? Moore has had 2 good defensive outings in his benefit. Otherwise his 14 1/2 points would have beat no one. He didn't beat Tampa, the defense did.

I am not saying he played bad but so far he hasn't won the job at all. There would be much more of a temptation tosee whether good jake could surface versus this "he doesn't suck" Moore for the remainder.

David Carr had a better completion percentage when he came here but was he better? So far Moore is 1-1 but for all intents and purposes he could be 0-2. Tell me when have we had 5 turnovers committed by another team and we lost this year. When have we had even 3 turnovers and lost? Moore has had 2 good defensive outings in his benefit. Otherwise his 14 1/2 points would have beat no one. He didn't beat Tampa, the defense did.

I am not saying he played bad but so far he hasn't won the job at all. There would be much more of a temptation tosee whether good jake could surface versus this "he doesn't suck" Moore for the remainder.

Can you even see how far reaching this post is? I only expect to see this many excuses from Falcons fans.

No where in that article did it say Delhomme was going to start. That's like me starting a thread saying, "The Panthers sign Mike Vick!!!" when it was only a far fetched rumor.

Next time, make a more accurate thread title, like "Delhomme may practice this week, could start." The funny thing is Delhomme hasn't even started practicing yet and already you're declaring him the starter for next week?

This

Archived