• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Sunday Ticket features announced by YouTube

PanthersATL

24 minutes ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

How come? Isn't that usually how student discounts work? You use an .edu email instead to show you're a student? I've never done it but thought that was how it was done. 

That's how it was done with DirecTV, yes. Wouldn't put it past Google to see some third-party enrollment verification service come to light for this purpose, similar to how cell phone companies now confirm employment for employer discounts.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

How come? Isn't that usually how student discounts work? You use an .edu email instead to show you're a student? I've never done it but thought that was how it was done. 

They're more sophisticated than that. I've worked at Higher Education institutions all my life and ALL my emails from every Higher Education institution I worked at didn't work. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

That's how it was done with DirecTV, yes. Wouldn't put it past Google to see some third-party enrollment verification service come to light for this purpose, similar to how cell phone companies now confirm employment for employer discounts.

Ha. Yeah. No they didn't work at all. 

8 minutes ago, OUCPFL said:

They're more sophisticated than that. I've worked at Higher Education institutions all my life and ALL my emails from every Higher Education institution I worked at didn't work. 

So you're saying I'm going to have to break into a local college and enroll myself in their records to get this discount?

So be it. Desperate times calls for desperate measures. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, OUCPFL said:

Well the student discount plans aren’t live yet….so uh yeah nothing’s going to work until they announce within the week or so.

• Poo 1

20 hours ago, chknwing said:

If only YouTube TV guide wasn't terrible

Does it suck? I was thinking about getting it for football season this year to watch the regular channels. Sling has a pretty good guide but you pretty much have to get both the blue and orange to enjoy a good selection of channels and then still have to find a decent antenna to pick up locals. It would be nice if Sling would just carry the locals like youtube tv does but im sure they would charge even more than they already do to a growing price hike they have constantly.

Live Chat? Oof. I'd hate to be a mod for that scenario. Picture it now, you're watching YT Sunday Ticket on your 65" and chat is on. Your screen is afire with insane-speed text scrolling up. You see emjois, swastikas, the n-word, and then when something big in the game happens that insane-speed reaches lightspeed and you can't even read a word. Oof.

9 minutes ago, BOW BOW BOW BOW™ said:

Well the student discount plans aren’t live yet….so uh yeah nothing’s going to work until they announce within the week or so.

They had the same student discount plans for the DirectTV Sunday Ticket, genius. 

Jesus Christ it's like teaching infants. 

6 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Does it suck? I was thinking about getting it for football season this year to watch the regular channels. Sling has a pretty good guide but you pretty much have to get both the blue and orange to enjoy a good selection of channels and then still have to find a decent antenna to pick up locals. It would be nice if Sling would just carry the locals like youtube tv does but im sure they would charge even more than they already do to a growing price hike they have constantly.

It doesn't suck. The yttv guide is great. Sling fuging blows

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

How are you pirating? Please teach me the way as I may join your jolly group of pirates as well.

Google NFL ... and then what you do to an apple to pierce the skin. Dozens of streams for every game. Minimal ad intrusion (zero if you know how to block them ... and the way to get to the actual stream*), and the streams are actually decent. In HD, shows local coverage (as in the real commercials you'll see), and just a few buffer issues a game if any. If you're not a hardcore "Sunday is my holy day" NFL guy, and the Panthers don't come on where you live, it's pretty much perfect.

*key

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

44 minutes ago, OUCPFL said:

Ha. Yeah. No they didn't work at all. 

My student discount last year only asked for my college email, which they accepted once I confirmed it via that email, nad my brother did it for years via his college email. If there was more behind the scenes it wasn't obvious.