• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Sunday Ticket features announced by YouTube

PanthersATL

1 hour ago, DamnItJake! said:

Haven’t watched enough sports yet on YouTube to notice the latency.. but Direct Tv was about 5-10 seconds when using the genie boxes versus the main receiver.. the clarity is much better than Direct!!

Streaming will always be behind Broadcast.  The question for YouTube is "how much?"  Will it be 60s+ behind the updates on the Huddle and Twitter/Bluesky?  Or something closer to realtime to not be entirely noticeable?

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

Streaming will always be behind Broadcast.  The question for YouTube is "how much?"  Will it be 60s+ behind the updates on the Huddle and Twitter/Bluesky?  Or something closer to realtime to not be entirely noticeable?

At my bar its like 20-30 seconds behind Spectrum

42 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

We will find out.. I learned not to look at post/tweets til commercials.. if something big happens .. no worry on the huddle spoiling it cuz it takes a minute to post 

On 8/16/2023 at 4:09 PM, chknwing said:

If only YouTube TV guide wasn't terrible

What don’t you like about it? I’ve had it for four or five years and love it. Unlimited DVR, control with my Google Home Minis, automatically records my favorite shows and my teams games, auto resumes where I left off. 

3 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

*store programs up to 9 months before automatic deletion.

Right but no limit on space at any given time. I love that I can search for shows before they air. Every year I schedule all the new shows for the fall before they start airing, then just keep the ones I like and watch them at my leisure ( within 9 months of course 😉). 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Toker Smurf said:

Right but no limit on space at any given time. I love that I can search for shows before they air. Every year I schedule all the new shows for the fall before they start airing, then just keep the ones I like and watch them at my leisure ( within 9 months of course 😉). 

AH, TiVo's "suggestions" menu option was fantastic.  

I see you've enjoyed watching/recording Panthers games. Here's an ESPN special on the Panthers you may not have seen, so I'll record that for you just in case.

Sunday Ticket typically does not air any pre-season games.

This coming Saturday, however, YT will air three different 1p games as a final "before the season starts" test to ensure things are working as expected between their platform and the broadcast partners.

So if you're looking to test out your recently-purchased Sunday Ticket program and your A/V setup, you'll have an opportunity on Saturday to see how it goes before the season starts.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Looking to save $100 and haven't yet signed up for Sunday Ticket?

FanDuel is offering offer a promotional discount. From now through Sept 18, new FanDuel customers who place a $5 bet will receive $200 in bonus bets and $100 off the Sunday Ticket and/or other YouTube TV setups. Existing customers who bet $5 will also receive $100 off the NFL Sunday Ticket.

Regarding YouTube's expected streaming quality:  while the NFL content won't be in 4K (because it's not filmed in 4K, and upscaling is a pain in the butt), YouTube will be streaming in 1080p HD.

While both FOX and CBS film in 1080p, but they don't broadcast at that level. FOX broadcasts in 720p, while CBS does 1080i HD. 

Student/college plan announced: $109 for the season

Requirements to sign up:
- 18+ years old
- Be enrolled as a student at an accredited college or university.
- Be verified as a student by SheerID.

YouTube also announced that they will offer the option for individuals who have already purchased NFL Sunday Ticket to switch to the student plan by contacting support.

SheerID should be able to instantly verify most students.

If not, SheerID will request an upload of additional documents to show proof of enrollment, such as a school ID card with an expiration date, a class schedule, or a tuition receipt. Reviews of US students should take about 20m. Overseas institutions may take up to 48 hours