• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bring in a RB....

Jmac

Gosh, it sure would have been nice if we kept Foreman  and had him to take on the load since he wasn't expensive at all judging by what the Bears signed him for. I will probably bitch about not resigning Foreman the entire season as he belonged with us. He had all the characteristics of a Panthers redemption story cast away by another team to find success here.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Gosh, it sure would have been nice if we kept Foreman  and had him to take on the load since he wasn't expensive at all judging by what the Bears signed him for. I will probably bitch about not resigning Foreman the entire season as he belonged with us. He had all the characteristics of a Panthers redemption story cast away by another team to find success here.

Sounds like he was the reason he didn't come back. 

I'm not against any roster improvements but not sure why it's a notable need at this point. 

13 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Something wrong with having them both at their prices they settled on? We have pretty much nothing outside of Sanders.

I don't believe that both would have signed here for a combined $4.555M knowing that they'd be splitting carries. That does nothing for their value besides tank it.

Then there's the fact that Miles Sanders fits Reich's predominantly zone run system that likes to stress the edges. If it was going to be focused on running power then I'd take Foreman all day over Sanders at $2M. Heck, I'd still take Foreman for $2M in a predominantly zone scheme but with Sanders' ability as a receiver out of the backfield (which Bryce depended on with Gibbs back in Bama) and being better at stressing the edge I can't be mad at the current RB room.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Icege said:

I don't believe that both would have signed here for a combined $4.555M knowing that they'd be splitting carries. That does nothing for their value besides tank it.

Then there's the fact that Miles Sanders fits Reich's predominantly zone run system that likes to stress the edges. If it was going to be focused on running power then I'd take Foreman all day over Sanders at $2M. Heck, I'd still take Foreman for $2M in a predominantly zone scheme but with Sanders' ability as a receiver out of the backfield (which Bryce depended on with Gibbs back in Bama) and being better at stressing the edge I can't be mad at the current RB room.

You are probably right in that they both would not have wanted to sign here and split carries. In a perfect world it would be nice but I see where you are coming from in that it tanks their own unique values for the future.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

You are probably right in that they both would not have wanted to sign here and split carries. In a perfect world it would be nice but I see where you are coming from in that it tanks their own unique values for the future.

Now if Leonard Fournette wants to sign for $2M to just be the power back...... 👀👀👀

But then that means cutting depth in a position of need like OL, DB, DL, or EDGE 😧

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I would damn sure take him! What about just not signing another WR since Byrd is out and signing Fournette?

They already picked up a camp body CB since Mabin and one of the other CBs are hurt.

I think that they roll with Hubbard/Blackshear/Brown and if there's concerns with Chuba then they might start kicking tires.

Edited by Icege