• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonathan Stewart - PSA to Panthers fans. It's preseason, don't panic.

Saca312

The problem with preseason is some guys go hard some don't and you just don't know who is who.

If I was a for sure starter I would be just trying to make it to the season where my efforts count. Its good to get out there and run a little but no need to go all out.

4 hours ago, NCBlu said:

The problem with preseason is some guys go hard some don't and you just don't know who is who.

If I was a for sure starter I would be just trying to make it to the season where my efforts count. Its good to get out there and run a little but no need to go all out.

This is kinda my take. You know it's hard for some of these guys to go all out for a meaningless game.

16 hours ago, Saca312 said:

A friendly reminder from the Panthers longtime RB...

Again, it's preseason. The 4-0 2008 Lions and 2017 Browns went 0-16 the regular season. The 1-4 2009 Colts went 1-3 in the preseason and 14-2 in the regular.

Is there work to be done? Of course. Perhaps the players are only putting half effort to minimize injuries, but o-line protection confusion and certain 1v1 looks have looked bad.

But then again, preseason is the best time to show these weaknesses, because that allows coaches to prepare to scheme/coach these deficiencies before the regular season.

The goal of preseason? Evaluate, get out healthy, and learn what weaknesses exist and adjust for it. Good teams don't play to win in preseason, they play to get reps to their players and evaluate.

Come regular season, if the Panthers look bad, feel free to panic.

For now, no matter how the preseason ends up, the Panthers will be 0-0 when the regular season starts, and then is where I expect improvement and schematic adjustments for the Panthers strengths. That's when you can actually get a grasp at what kind of team the Panthers are.

Going to trust Stew on this. The overreaction/panic and hate on this board today is nuts.

Let's calm down...remember happy days....like the day Rhule was fired.

• 4 weeks later...