• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonathan Stewart - PSA to Panthers fans. It's preseason, don't panic.

Saca312

9 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Again, it's preseason. The 4-0 2008 Lions and 2017 Browns went 0-16 the regular season. The 1-4 2009 Colts went 1-3 in the preseason and 14-2 in the regular season.

I'd be very curious to see the statistical correlation between preseason and regular/postseason success. 

Edited by PantherBoy95

1 minute ago, PantherBoy95 said:

I'd be very curious to see the statistical correlation between preseason and regular/postseason success. 

It's pretty hard to correlate when coaches go into games with different mindsets.

Perhaps some coaches want to evaluate certain schemes in different situations, some may just want to get through it healthy, others may want to boost morale.

With the preseason hinging on a very wide variable of coach intent, it's hard to really get a good statistical hypothesis on team success based on that.

• Pie 4

In my experience when the team looks bad in the preseason they look bad in the regular. I haven’t really seen enough individual efforts from guys to look excited. 

Right now they look pretty bad. I’d be surprised if they look much better in the regular season. 

I’m fine giving coaching 2-3 years to hit their stride but I expected a better preseason outing. Not really pessimistic about the team but I feel a little iffy. 

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, PantherBoy95 said:

There have only been two teams in NFL history who went undefeated in the preseason and then won the Super Bowl the following February. The 2003 New England Patriots were the first team to do it, and the 2013 Seattle Seahawks were the last team to do so.

• Pie 3

Too many cocktails to be specific but the interview with Bryce during the game was interesting to me - the question was about playing the Falcons and how it will be different and he said the coaches have a process and they need to trust it.  But there was a hint of frustration. 

My take was that he can't wait to open it up.