• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pssssst.......

Zod

28 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

I’m honestly a realistic person, I don’t expect playoffs year 1 but if we’re anything less than a 7 win team then it’s clear management bungled everything. You don’t trade to #1 giving up a lot of high picks and top WR to not expect improvement over an idiot in Rhule and interim coach. You make that trade if you feel comfortable in your roster, have confidence in your coaches and feel like moving to #1 to get Bryce Young is the missing piece. Otherwise it’s a multi year rebuild you just hamstrung by giving up all your material to build around. 

Cam won 6 with a much better supporting offensive cast while smashing the record books. 

The 2022 win total is irrelevant to what Bryce and the Panthers do this year.  Those teams don’t exist. 

you could feel better about Bryce and out direction with 6 wins than an 8 win season pending how it actually played out 

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I think the falcons are going to walk away with the south this year especially after what they did last night.  

What did they do last night? The game I watched the Falcons 1s failed to score against the bengals 2s while throwing a pick in the redzone. Then the 2s for the falcons were able to score 3points against the Bengals 3s in the 2nd quarter....

Obviously, the rest of the game doesnt matter. What did you see that I didnt?

• Pie 3

14 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

You act like it’s just Panther fans who had high expectations. Many talking heads also said we could win the South, which we could since the division is dog poop. I’m going to wait until games actually count before I start talking about next year.

I mean, there may be some talking heads who picked us, but those that run the numbers in Vegas did not.

57 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

You never fail to miss the point. 

Smash mouth, ball control, defense. 

It can win you games but people want peak McVay or nothing else. 

Problem is you cannot win that way in the league anymore. This isn’t 20 years ago. 
Ball control teams need to keep the games close but if they start losing control they can’t really ever get it back. 
One of the reasons Fox and Rivera never had back to back winning seasons was because every year was a coin flip on whether we can win the close games or not.  

32 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

You act like it’s just Panther fans who had high expectations. Many talking heads also said we could win the South, which we could since the division is dog poop. I’m going to wait until games actually count before I start talking about next year.

talking heads is one thing, vegas is a completely different animal

Talking heads dont know more then loyal fans or people with money on the line

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Now I'm really not a betting man, but I surely wouldn't bet on us making the dance if I were. 

Screenshot_20230819_102412_Chrome.thumb.jpg.79f6aa87ef8a7c2efe62dd0a9fdfde64.jpg

https://www.oddsshopper.com/articles/nfl/nfl-predictions-2023-nfc-south-preview-futures-picks-b41

Jags
Giants
Lions
Bengals
Eagles
49ers
Seahawks

All crushed their overs for last year.. This is the absolute best time to bet in any sport. Before any season starts, this is the only time you have equal odds with vegas. 

Here is last year's:

image.thumb.png.1b22fa96ef8c0c367ebd5fa0b765be76.png

17 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

What did they do last night? The game I watched the Falcons 1s failed to score against the bengals 2s while throwing a pick in the redzone. Then the 2s for the falcons were able to score 3points against the Bengals 3s in the 2nd quarter....

Obviously, the rest of the game doesnt matter. What did you see that I didnt?

The run game looked awesome, riddler had a nice throw on 3 and 12.  Robinson is going to be a problem, big problem.  And the pick was a tipped ball by the wr, a good throw by riddler

All in all their first team offense looked worlds better then us.

12 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Problem is you cannot win that way in the league anymore. This isn’t 20 years ago. 
Ball control teams need to keep the games close but if they start losing control they can’t really ever get it back. 
One of the reasons Fox and Rivera never had back to back winning seasons was because every year was a coin flip on whether we can win the close games or not.  

See the bengals game last year as exhibit A

• Pie 1