• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Fitterer the right guy?

NJPanthers89

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

lol, you mean in the Fitterer thread?  Yeah, he sort of is the focus. 

and I still have mentioned and blamed Rhule, Tepper, and Marty....in the thread about Fitt.  You know, everyone else. 

and I largely just acknowledge there is some truth likely in everything.  While Matt Rhule was a totally unqualified and bad NFL coach.  Everyone generally had good things to say about the human.  And while it's fun to joke about the con job there is no reason to think he is a legit liar.  I think there are partial truths on his end.  Which get ignored in favor of the partial truth of guys still in black and blue.  And Matt Rhule specifically came out and addressed what he called the myth of him making all the roster moves, picks, etc. as he was trashed out the door.   So, I think there is some truth there.  Yeah, reporters like to remind you but in the contract it said he had final say if he wanted it.... but Rhule wanting to clarify that after his firing doesn't sound like he universally took advantage of that.  And some of the bad decisions came from other minds in the front office that were paid to make those decisions.  

You think there is some truth found in the statements of the guy who equated being booed at a basketball game to his kids being threatened...

Yeah, sure 😕

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

You think there is some truth found in the statements of the guy who equated being booed at a basketball game to his kids being threatened...

Yeah, sure 😕

Yeah, I think most guys in this world speak partial truths and I treat/view them all the same. You continue to blame one man for all the problems.   Which as you said is never the case…..but that is exactly your repeated case. 

and yeah, Rhule wasn’t a POS human like an Urban.  He just was a trainwreck at his NFL job.  He got praise til the end and after on the human aspect..   So if he felt like he got too much and wanted to defend himself a little to narratives that weren’t really accurate? I can see some truth in what he said.  Because frankly it just makes sense that it wasn’t all him.  

That kid comment is just that.  That’s where the coach hate drifts into the absurd.  Which I enjoy as much as the next person on a message board.   But yeah,  his comment actually makes sense as a father of young kids.   Easy to see how little kids felt threatened and they no longer could go.  

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to do this at morning time you know before it gets real hot.

Cmon old man work smarter not harder.

Yupperz!

He probably did.  After he came back the first time, World War 47 was still raging so he went back out and did it again.  Tomorrow, he may tar his roof if this continues.

I don't even have any grass to mow here, but I may go to Lowe's tonight and buy a lawn mower anyway.

• Beer 1

39 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah, I think most guys in this world speak partial truths and I treat/view them all the same. You continue to blame one man for all the problems.   Which as you said is never the case…..but that is exactly your repeated case. 

and yeah, Rhule wasn’t a POS human like an Urban.  He just was a trainwreck at his NFL job.  He got praise til the end and after on the human aspect..   So if he felt like he got too much and wanted to defend himself a little to narratives that weren’t really accurate? I can see some truth in what he said.  Because frankly it just makes sense that it wasn’t all him.  

That kid comment is just that.  That’s where the coach hate drifts into the absurd.  Which I enjoy as much as the next person on a message board.   But yeah,  his comment actually makes sense as a father of young kids.   Easy to see how little kids felt threatened and they no longer could go. 

Sorry, wrong. Plenty of people who worked for the Panthers (social media, for example) pegged Rhule as a narcissistic control freak. The bit with his kids is part of that. And to be clear, they're not toddlers (his youngest is eight).

And yes, he's a liar.

46 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Spent two hours mowing and weeding. Come back, and you two are still at it. lol

He's bullsh-tting. It's his thing.

I'm indulging it because I'm bored 😄

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Sorry, wrong. Plenty of people who worked for the Panthers (social media, for example) pegged Rhule as a narcissistic control freak. The bit with his kids is part of that. And to be clear, they're not toddlers (his youngest is eight).

And yes, he's a liar.

Yeah, I've gone through it myself. It's usually fun for a while, but it tends to get old pretty quickly anymore. It's like a Gaslight special. lol

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

And yes, he's a liar.

He is no more a liar than Tepper or the 31 other NFL teams.   Which again, is my stance.   They all do the same nonsense.  And again, you are contradicting your own stance.... that it's never one man.  But that's your actual argument.  

Yes, and you harping on the kid thing now just shows you have gone blind on this on the Rhule issue.  Yes, that is just Rhule being a dad and again it totally makes sense.  You got kids? An 8 year old wouldn't find it very comfortable to be in arena of thousands upon thousands of thousands of strangers....booing and heckling him and his family.  8 is a 2nd or 3rd grader.  People saying the type nonsense in real life that is said on a message board?  So again, it totally makes sense that his kids didn't feel comfortable with all that and no longer could do those things.  That's where you got to separate football fandom and real life.  

Matt Rhule was a poo NFL coach.  Nothing more.  But you need him to more than that.  Not me.  And no one was harder on the coach than me.  But he was only part of the problem.  As you said, it's never one man despite your argument that it is. 

41 minutes ago, CRA said:

He is no more a liar than Tepper or the 31 other NFL teams.   Which again, is my stance.   They all do the same nonsense.  And again, you are contradicting your own stance.... that it's never one man.  But that's your actual argument.  

Yes, and you harping on the kid thing now just shows you have gone blind on this on the Rhule issue.  Yes, that is just Rhule being a dad and again it totally makes sense.  You got kids? An 8 year old wouldn't find it very comfortable to be in arena of thousands upon thousands of thousands of strangers....booing and heckling him and his family.  8 is a 2nd or 3rd grader.  People saying the type nonsense in real life that is said on a message board?  So again, it totally makes sense that his kids didn't feel comfortable with all that and no longer could do those things.  That's where you got to separate football fandom and real life.  

Matt Rhule was a poo NFL coach.  Nothing more.  But you need him to more than that.  Not me.  And no one was harder on the coach than me.  But he was only part of the problem.  As you said, it's never one man despite your argument that it is. 

So your stance now is that everybody lies and we can't believe anything that anybody says...except Matt Rhule when he talks about how he didn't really have full control despite everybody saying he did.

You've really amped up the bullsh-t on this one 😄

• Pie 1