• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lions week news

Jackie Lee

11 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Care to reevaluate this...can't call it a hot take as it's so far off the mark, it's more like a cold take.

You don't seem to understand the point I was trying to make. I guess I can break it down for you and we'll see how well your reading comprehension skills adjust:

• Frank Reich playing Bryce Young in the last preseason game is stupid.
  • Bryce Young is the starting QB.
  • The last preseason game does not mean a damn thing.
  • If the starting QB gets hurt in the last preseason game, he can't play.
  • If he can't play, Dalton and Corral would be the QBs.
  • If Dalton and Corral are the QBs, this team is fuged.
  • With a horrible record, yes, even Reich could get fired.

24 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

You don't seem to understand the point I was trying to make. I guess I can break it down for you and we'll see how well your reading comprehension skills adjust:

Break it down however your little heart desires. Everything you wrote is either speculation, or wishful thinking. 

Neither Fitt nor Riech are getting fired after this year. It's just wishful thinking. Damm people sure are throwing tnt at that bandwagon train. Is the fear of winning that strong?

Edited by Gerry Green

There is a real possibility that if things mostly go as planned, we win the South, win that first Playoff Game, and scare the begebus out of the Eagles.

If Bryce is in the running for ROY. This is a possibility. And maybe even more, fingers crossed.

Man just think about it. Panthers and Lions in the NFC Championship. A guy can dream.

Edited by Gerry Green

21 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

There is a real possibility that if things mostly go as planned, we win the South, win that first Playoff Game, and scare the begebus out of the Eagles.

If Bryce is in the running for ROY. This is a possibility. And maybe even more, fingers crossed.

Man just think about it. Panthers and Lions in the NFC Championship. A guy can dream.

It would be nice. You would need a great number of "if's" to go you go our way but anything can happen. 

I could settle for being the spoilers for some playoff hopefuls this season at least.  It would be nice to smack a media playoff darling in the mouth while the guys figure it out. Would love it to be Dallas. 

• Beer 1

53 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

He's a rookie. He needs reps. Hell, Reid just played Mahomes a half. You cannot be scared to get hurt. He could get hurt week one. 

• Pie 3

32 minutes ago, PantherKyle said:

He's a rookie. He needs reps. Hell, Reid just played Mahomes a half. You cannot be scared to get hurt. He could get hurt week one. 

Bryce Young 12 pass attempts thus far in preseason.

Cam Newton had 52 pass attempts in his rookie preseason. 

Frank has gone super light on Bryce Young's reps.  

• Pie 1

Just now, CRA said:

Bryce Young 12 pass attempts thus far in preseason.

Cam Newton had 52 pass attempts in his rookie preseason. 

Frank has gone super light on Bryce Young's reps.  

Frank has said the he is getting a ton of reps in camp and in practice.  Now what that means towards his preparation I suppose will be seen when the games start to matter.  

I get the impression that the preseason is meaning as much to the coaches as it is the players.  I have to remind myself that most of these coaches have never worked together before.

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

Young starters are playing in the preseason finally league wide

Stroud is playing, 

Pickett expected to play

Richardson expected to play

Purdy expected to play

Lawrence expected to olay

Edited by csx

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

It would be nice. You would need a great number of "if's" to go you go our way but anything can happen. 

I could settle for being the spoilers for some playoff hopefuls this season at least.  It would be nice to smack a media playoff darling in the mouth while the guys figure it out. Would love it to be Dallas. 

I can live with that.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

Break it down however your little heart desires. Everything you wrote is either speculation, or wishful thinking. 

Neither Fitt nor Riech are getting fired after this year. It's just wishful thinking. Damm people sure are throwing tnt at that bandwagon train. Is the fear of winning that strong?

It's not wishful thinking, but keep the passive-aggressiveness coming. It's great -- only thing is, nothing I said is inaccurate. I don't care if Reich is here for 20 years as long as he wins.

There's a wide berth between wishful thinking and willfully ignoring the possibility of something happening.