• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lions week news

Jackie Lee

18 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Vegas doesnt set the ceiling... you know being under means they are wrong too, right? Why are you just counting the overs? Gambling goes both under/over....

Again setting in a parking lot and trying to do the math, it looks like 15 teams went under for 33 total an average of 2.2.  Pretty close to the over

And I thought this entire discussion was how vegas viewed us and may have to happen in regards to the expectations for us to win the division or win the wild card. 

I am not married to these numbers so they could be wrong and I will double check once I get a bigger screen and a calculator.   But it seems the average of how vegas is right/wrong is around 2 wins either direction.  Still pretty damn good for 32 teams in my book.

20 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Again setting in a parking lot and trying to do the math, it looks like 15 teams went under for 33 total an average of 2.2.  Pretty close to the over

And I thought this entire discussion was how vegas viewed us and may have to happen in regards to the expectations for us to win the division or win the wild card. 

I am not married to these numbers so they could be wrong and I will double check once I get a bigger screen and a calculator.   But it seems the average of how vegas is right/wrong is around 2 wins either direction.  Still pretty damn good for 32 teams in my book.

So 15 over and 15 under, assuming they were roughly equal amounts on each team O/U Vegas made a killing. They dont care that they were "wrong" by 2+ games on any given team all they care about is there is equal money on both sides. 

Vegas does not care who wins and losses (unless there is unequal money on one side which happens since it is almost impossible to get the exact equal money on both sides) They just put out numbers where they think equal money will be on both sides not what they think will happen.

Edited by panthers320

"Wishful thinking" is the attribution of reality to what one wishes to be true. 

Saying something COULD happen that's bad, is not wishful thinking in the absolute fuging least -- especially when it's something no one here wants.

What our buddy Ger is doing, however, is called "reality denial," which is defined as "A subconscious defense mechanism characterized by refusal to acknowledge (or rationalization of) unwanted or unpleasant facts, realities, thoughts, or feelings."

15 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Here’s a dose of reality:

- Under pressure 28.6% of dropbacks Week 1

- Under pressure 43% of dropbacks Week 2

The offensive line can’t protect him. But yeah, doing the same thing again in another game that doesn’t count is super smart. 

None of that addresses anything he said.  Should he have sat out the entire meaningless preseason in your opinion?  You'd play him tonight for the same reason he played in the first two games: for more in-game reps to get more comfortable in this offense.  These reps are invaluable for a rookie QB who is newly transitioning to NFL speed, a new coaching staff who have never coached together, a new receiving corps who have never played alongside each other, and an o-line that is still trying to shake off the rust.

If the offensive line can't protect him as you said, then we're screwed either way.  If he gets injured off of a handful of snaps in a preseason game then how long would it have taken for him to get injured in the regular season?  A quarter, max?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, panthers320 said:

So 15 over and 15 under, assuming they were roughly equal amounts on each team O/U Vegas made a killing. They dont care that they were "wrong" by 2+ games on any given team all they care about is there is equal money on both sides. 

Vegas does not care who wins and losses (unless there is unequal money on one side which happens since it is almost impossible to get the exact equal money on both sides) They just put out numbers where they think equal money will be on both sides not what they think will happen.

Only time Vegas sweats is when the money moves hard to one side close to game time, really the only time they have a rooting interest.

Edited by SmittysLawnGuy