• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trying to trade Corral?

ncfan

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If there is a weird path where corral is starting for us in 2023 then we have gift wrapped a top5 pick to the bears

Most likely, but I just have a feeling that by mid-season, Corral might have shown enough in practice to be given the #2 role on game days over Dalton.  Which if that happens, he's then a Bryce injury away from being our starter.

Dalton has looked bad in everything I've seen from him so far, but I don't really care, because he's here to mentor Bryce and even if his on-field game has passed him, he can always do that.

Just now, tukafan21 said:

Most likely, but I just have a feeling that by mid-season, Corral might have shown enough in practice to be given the #2 role on game days over Dalton.  Which if that happens, he's then a Bryce injury away from being our starter.

Dalton has looked bad in everything I've seen from him so far, but I don't really care, because he's here to mentor Bryce and even if his on-field game has passed him, he can always do that.

If MC stays on as the #3 he aint getting reps in practice, thats just not happening

55 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

uh..... did you even see the post I was quoting and replying to there?

He was saying that the league know's Corral doesn't want to be here and thus someone should try to trade for him.  My point there was just that I didn't agree with that statement about him not wanting to be here for a number of reasons.

And in what world is Josh McCown not a legit QB coach?  That hire has been widely applauded by pundits, that he was a highly sought after coach and we were the lucky ones to grab him.

I think a full season under McCown's tutelage will do wonders for Corral.  People forget that the kid missed his entire rookie season and is only a couple months of offseason work into his second season, he will improve this year.

McCown is just getting his career started.

Im talking established QB coaches. Put him with Shanahan or McVay. Those guys are proven. Hell McVay had Baker looking decent with only a few games that he had him.

Corral needs that kind of coach. McCown had him all offseason and nothing has changed so far.

• Poo 1

39 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Well as of this evening, the staff does want him here.

And you’re right; he doesn’t look good out there….to you. 

He looks exactly as I expected he would. He is a guy with a strong arm and good athleticism, that is in his second year with a new staff after missing his first with a chaotic staff. 

Maybe there’s a better place he could go to develop, but there is a high level of offensive knowledge all around him here. This would have to be one of the better places to be in the league. 

Yeah a majority of us see reality. Just look at all the game threads. Im not the only one saying he looks bad. Most of us has said it.

If he starts playing better then I will glady give him credit. That chance has likely faded being the season is next week. Hope he can prove himself in practice as the season progresses. 

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I wouldn't want to be traded either. Not this year. He's got some of best coaches in the league for a qb to learn the nfl game from and hopefully get to showcase what he's learned at some point in a full game next preseason. If he does well he and the Panthers both benefit in a trade at that point. 

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

scout team and #3 are completely different

I prefer him to go to the PS but I guess we will see how it shakes out

You're right, him running the scout team as opposed to just being the #3 will get him significantly more snaps in practice.  Sure, he'll be running the other team's playbook and not our own, but snaps are snaps for a kid who needs experience to get better. 

Carrying Corral means we likely won't keep a 4th QB on the practice squad, so he'll be leading the scout team in practice all season long while going up against what should be a pretty solid defense.

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

McCown is just getting his career started.

Im talking established QB coaches. Put him with Shanahan or McVay. Those guys are proven. Hell McVay had Baker looking decent with only a few games that he had him.

Corral needs that kind of coach. McCown had him all offseason and nothing has changed so far.

Never said there weren't some better staffs out there for developing a QB

But the Rams have Stafford and they like Bennett, while the 49ers just traded away a QB with much more potential than Corral, so neither would have any interest in him.

And it's more than just McCown, it's Reich, Brown, and Caldwell as well.  There is no question that we have one of the top staffs for coaching up QB's in the league right now, it's absolutely a place Corral would want to be at the moment if he can't be a starter somewhere.

3 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Never said there weren't some better staffs out there for developing a QB

But the Rams have Stafford and they like Bennett, while the 49ers just traded away a QB with much more potential than Corral, so neither would have any interest in him.

And it's more than just McCown, it's Reich, Brown, and Caldwell as well.  There is no question that we have one of the top staffs for coaching up QB's in the league right now, it's absolutely a place Corral would want to be at the moment if he can't be a starter somewhere.

That's fine, I just hope he improves. I can only judge him off what I seen so far.