• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FYI: Cuts begin today

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

There is no need to cut Brandon Smith at this time. I see him progressing to be Shaq's replacement in 2025. He'll play more in 2024 and then get a chance to be the guy in his contract year.

They'll draft someone else to replace Shaq, Smith ain't it. He can't diagnose plays fast enough to play at a high level in the pros.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

They'll draft someone else to replace Shaq, Smith ain't it. He can't diagnose plays fast enough to play at a high level in the pros.

We have him under contract for 3 more years at ~1mil per to see if he can improve his diagnostic skills. He's 22 years old and extremely athletic for his position. I think that 1mil per year would be well spent developing him for the future. He has flashed in spurts already, imo. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

59 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Any player(s) y'all think Fitts is trying to deal?  Doesn't have to be a big name and not necessarily for a boat load of compensation.  Examples being Corral, Shi Smith, Tremble, McCray, YGM or Henderson.  All bubble-type players.  Better to get a 6th or 7th rounder than to cut them outright and get zilch.

Thoughts?

Good question:  I would say YGM because Leota had a good camp, as did Jones. 

14 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

We have him under contract for 3 more years at ~1mil per to see if he can improve his diagnostic skills. He's 22 years old and extremely athletic for his position. I think that 1mil per year would be well spent developing him for the future. He has flashed in spurts already, imo. 

He might be a victim of the numbers game. We already have Deion Jones and Kamu Grugier-Hill ahead of him at ILB, who are both behind Shaq and Luvu. He really didn't do anything last year, new coaching regime, he might not make the team. Might stick on the PS though.

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

The underdog player(s) I am rooting for to make the team:

Leota, OLB.  Great motor.

Nash Jensen OG. 

The players (projected to make the roster) that i hope get cut:

R. Williams, DL

Jammie Robinson, S

What do you have against Williams?  Just curious...

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

Well, fingers crossed we find our starting QB in the 7th round...

We found him at #1 overall. It cost a couple of extra picks and he's not the size of a monster, but he's gonna be solid. 5yrs is a long time to wait to be right about him being too little. Enjoy what you can while you can. 😄

• Beer 1